This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth CrappyToHelp View Post
    I must confess, I ate a deli chicken breast once without paying.

I had exactly twenty minutes to kill so I popped into a supermarket. Carrying a basket with lunch in. I was eating the chicken as I walked so it would still be hot, with the intention of scanning the empty bag at the checkout.

Fire alarm went off - I had to abandon the basket and leave. I needed to go to my bus stop before they let me back into the store.

Sorry, fellow retail peons. Sorry.
    Now, that's a little more understandable than, say, the ones who eat it, then throws away the evidence before reaching the counter. Or the one who hides a 12 pack of soda under their cart, and don't tell the cashier about it. And you fully intended to pay for it, from the way I understand things.

Which brings me to the second question; if you returned, did you ask to pay for it this time, explaining the situation? Because while bagging one day, I saw this very thing; a woman bought something, told the cashier to ring her up twice because she forgot to pay for it the last time she was there.
    The customer is not always right. Most of the time, the customer is a clueless moron. If this offends you, you are this moron.

Comment

...Supermarket Tetris. This does NOT need to be a Thing.
      Is it Asshole Day or what? - MoonCat
      It's ALWAYS Asshole Day. - Jay2KWinger

Comment

Quoth Silent-Hunter View Post
        I think the rule should be if they've done that, they should HAVE to buy the deli meat. If they don't have enough for their entire order, they should have to put back other stuff, but shouldn't be allowed to abandon things that can't be resold.
        One of the reasons I pack deli meat and cheese in the bottom of bags, and then bury it in their carts; too much hassle to dig through and pull them out, and instead go with something that can be put back on the shelf and sold to someone with money.
        The customer is not always right. Most of the time, the customer is a clueless moron. If this offends you, you are this moron.

Comment

I remember having to practically beg some customers to hand me the items they didn't want instead of stashing them on the racks. Even had a few say "that's ok"... and then put it in an empty spot on the shelf.

Ever had an overwhelming urge to blind someone with your hand scanner?

Comment

Quoth Grendus View Post
            I remember having to practically beg some customers to hand me the items they didn't want instead of stashing them on the racks. Even had a few say "that's ok"... and then put it in an empty spot on the shelf.

Ever had an overwhelming urge to blind someone with your hand scanner?
            I don't have a hand scanner. I do have a box cutter, though.

Comment

Working...
            X