X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth dalesys View Post
    Mod, stat! Change thread title to " 'Ol Limp Dicks Edition"
    Sweetheart, what can't get up can't get out.
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
      Sweetheart, what can't get up can't get out.
      Sez you... I'm going out to Magna tonight.
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth ComputerNecromancer View Post
        For future reference:

9 F is -13 C (-12.777777)
        0 F is -18 C (-17.777777)
        There is a temperature in ºF and in ºC that is the same in both scales.

Does anyone know what it is? Hint: It's below zero on both scales.
        Last edited by Ree; 02-16-2014, 06:36 PM.
        Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

I think its -40, but am not sure

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
            Anything productinve they try will just end up completely FUBARed.
            ...and the stories wouldn't be as amusing to read

The repo story reminds me at the time I worked at the bank. I was working in the auditing department, and it somehow came up that one of the loan applications we were going through, had run into some problems. Seems the recipient of said loan ran into some financial trouble, and couldn't decide whether to make payments on his new car...or his house.

At least the loan department manager put it this way: "Sir, where would you rather live? Would you rather live in a Buick sedan, or a three-bedroom farmhouse? If you don't pay your mortgage note, you'll be living in that Buick." To most of us, it would have been pretty obvious. Not this guy. He thought about it a few minutes then replied "Nobody's ever pointed it out that way before."

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post

I believe Johnny Horton mentioned it as being a typical vernal temperature for a certain holy site.

When it's springtime in Alaska, it's 40 below

Note: by now you've probably guessed that I'm fond of bad puns. Highlight the white space to find the actual line from Johnny's song.
              Last edited by Ree; 02-17-2014, 09:04 PM.
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post

negative 40 is the cross over point. Warmer than that the Fahrenheit temp is higher, below the Celsius temperature is higher.

It's also known universally as the "HOLY SHIT IT'S COLD!!!" mark.
                Last edited by Ree; 02-17-2014, 09:08 PM.
                I AM the evil bastard!
                A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Those rolling-thermometer/clock thingies outside banks, the ones that go from Fahrenheit to Celsius to the time....

If they went Fahrenheit to Celsius to Kelvin...... wonder if anyone would notice?
                  Last edited by Ree; 02-17-2014, 09:09 PM.
                  - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

I think Kelvin would turn a few heads. Particularly when it starts showing well over 200 degrees.
                    Last edited by Ree; 02-17-2014, 09:07 PM.
                    I AM the evil bastard!
                    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                      I think Kelvin would turn a few heads. Particularly when it starts showing well over 200 degrees.
                      Try 320+. (Phoenix passes that every year. Our record high is ~323 K (122 F / 50 C). We hit it again this past summer.)
                      Last edited by Ree; 02-17-2014, 09:07 PM.
                      Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                      OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                      she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                      Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Rankine would be more fun... 535 degrees for a balmy spring afternoon.
                        Last edited by Ree; 02-17-2014, 09:05 PM.
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Anyone in the medical field run into a situation where Generals and Admirals had normal readings if the thermometer was calibrated in any one of 3 of the scales mentioned in this thread, but showed a fever if it was calibrated in the 4th scale? Using the same thermometers, Lieutenants would show either a normal reading on all 4 scales, or a fever on all 4 scales.

After all, you'd expect Generals and Admirals to have high Rankine temperatures.
                          Last edited by Ree; 02-17-2014, 09:05 PM.
                          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                            At least the loan department manager put it this way: "Sir, where would you rather live? Would you rather live in a Buick sedan, or a three-bedroom farmhouse? If you don't pay your mortgage note, you'll be living in that Buick." To most of us, it would have been pretty obvious. Not this guy. He thought about it a few minutes then replied "Nobody's ever pointed it out that way before."

Interestingly, my theory on this has been that I could possibly move in with friends, but if I don't have the car, how the heck am I getting to work? So I'm not actually sure how I'd play that particular problem...
                            Last edited by Ree; 02-17-2014, 09:03 PM. Reason: Fixed quote tag
                            Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Quoth mhkohne View Post
                              Interestingly, my theory on this has been that I could possibly move in with friends, but if I don't have the car, how the heck am I getting to work? So I'm not actually sure how I'd play that particular problem...
                              ...Public Transport is your friend!

Comment

Quoth lineswine View Post
                                ...Public Transport is your friend!
                                If you live in an area that has decent public transit that is. My current job, if I had to take the bus, I'd actually need to leave for work the evening before and camp out at the bus stop to be on time for work. My previous job, I didn't have a set time I had to be in...BUT, if I took the bus to work back then I would have had to; leave for work an hour earlier than what I normally would, walk close to three miles from the closest bus stop to work, and would have arrived over two hours later than when I normally came in. And when it was time to go home, I would have had to walk five miles to the bus stop as the line I took in to work was a morning only run.

Comment

Working...
                                X