This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Put it back where you found it!

Honestly, why is this such a hard concept?

At the tail end of my shift at the grocery store, I was hauling cardboard boxes back to the crusher, and I saw a group of tweens running around doing some shopping. They had picked up a bottle of Sprite, among other things, and they stopped in front of an end-cap with pastries. They picked up doughnuts or something, and the one with the Sprite JUST STUFFED THE SPRITE BOTTLE ON THE SHELF! Right in front of me. I was wearing the store uniform, sans nametag since I don't have one yet, running boxes to the back to be crushed, and they still did that! They had to have seen me walking across the store, doing my job, and they still did that.

The worst part? The Sprite came from the aisle they had JUST walked up to get the damn pastries! I was shocked at the audacity of this act; I couldn't speak. I wanted to, but I was dumbfounded that they did this right in front of me!

Now yes, I'm aware that they may not have recognized me as an employee of the store. Hell, they may not have been paying attention to my presence beyond me having a cart full of boxes, another indicator that I worked there, and being in their path. But I would really hate being this girl's father if she doesn't put stuff back where she found it at home, since she doesn't do it in public.
    Last edited by Hitokiri Akins; 02-19-2014, 01:15 AM.
    The customer is not always right. Most of the time, the customer is a clueless moron. If this offends you, you are this moron.

I've had more people that I'd like to count decide they don't want something and instead of giving it to me they will just turn around and stick it in a display behind them or just out of my reach in between the registers. Sometimes it's a kid who's told they can't have something but more often than not it's an adult.

Yeah, it's beyond annoying.
    I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Particularly infuriating when they stick an item that requires refrigeration or being kept frozen in the magazine rack instead of just handing them to the checkout clerks who are FIVE FEET AWAY. And then they bitch about prices rising...um, that's because you keep ruining our stock, dumbasses!

Comment

Yeah, perishable go-backs in the checkstand magazines really gall me.

Even worse are the cretins who do this on purpose, like hiding fish behind the cereal boxes. Corporal punishment on the spot sounds attractive.

As for the tweeny-boppers, it kind of goes with the territory; lots of people are just turds at this age. The ones that don't fill the threads on this website!
        Suckiness is reinforced up OR down at every transaction. Accepting BS makes them worse for all of us; firm fairness trains them to suck less.

Comment

I HATE that crap. One thing I have noticed is people love to fill holes.
          Keeping things in stock and faced properly is most important solely for the purpose
          of stopping people from re-arranging your whole damn store. (IMO)

Comment

^ And they will expend more energy filling holes inapropriately than if they just handed it to a cashier or put it back where they found it.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

And I will ALWAYSSSSSSSS loathe those people who get a ready-to-eat item from the deli (which they are supposed to pay for at the front registers). They eat it while wandering around the store ..... stash the empty container ..... and leave the store. UGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! This is NOT a free buffet people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Isn't that theft? I'd expect the store policy to be "call the police".

Comment

It's usually not worth the store's time to get the police involved. It's also unlikely anyone will notice until the stockers are putting things back on the shelf.

Comment

I suppose you're right, although if the same person does it repeatedly, it adds up.

Comment

Quoth Firecrackers Not Included View Post
                      I HATE that crap. One thing I have noticed is people love to fill holes.
                      Even if there are no holes on a given shelf, SCs will make them. I've found some ditched items that took some serious thought and effort to cram them where they were.
                      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Automan Empire View Post
                        Even worse are the cretins who do this on purpose, like hiding fish behind the cereal boxes. Corporal punishment on the spot sounds attractive.
                        That goes double for someone who stashes a package of bacon behind the cereal boxes IN THE "KOSHER FOODS" AISLE.
                        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
                          And I will ALWAYSSSSSSSS loathe those people who get a ready-to-eat item from the deli (which they are supposed to pay for at the front registers). They eat it while wandering around the store ..... stash the empty container ..... and leave the store. UGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! This is NOT a free buffet people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          What about people who get $20 dollars' worth of sliced deli goods, and then when they don't have enough money to pay for their whole order, decide that those are the items they wont take, instead of canned or boxed items that we can actually SELL AGAIN. Once it's cut to order, we can't re-sell it!

Comment

I think the rule should be if they've done that, they should HAVE to buy the deli meat. If they don't have enough for their entire order, they should have to put back other stuff, but shouldn't be allowed to abandon things that can't be resold.

Comment

I must confess, I ate a deli chicken breast once without paying.

I had exactly twenty minutes to kill so I popped into a supermarket. Carrying a basket with lunch in. I was eating the chicken as I walked so it would still be hot, with the intention of scanning the empty bag at the checkout.

Fire alarm went off - I had to abandon the basket and leave. I needed to go to my bus stop before they let me back into the store.

Sorry, fellow retail peons. Sorry.

Comment

Working...
                              X