This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One = many, apparently

SC: I see this bar on ebay. Can I come in and pick it up?
    CW: Yes. We have one left.
    SC: I'll take four.
    CW: ... we only have one.
    SC: Do you have any for the 066?
    CW: No, we have just the one.

He calls back later.

SC: Alright I'm sending my wife in to pick up four of them.

Why

Why do stupid husbands always send their wives instead of facing the music?

In computer repair I lost count of the number of time the wife was sent who know nothing about how the computer was used/failed. And 50% of the time the husband is at home since she gave me the home number to call him about the problem.

Note: Wives sending their husband rarely happens if the wife is the user.

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
      Note: Wives sending their husband rarely happens if the wife is the user.
      It does happen in other fields. And no matter who is getting sent, they'll have no idea what they're picking up other than a vague, "the stuff I ordered, they'll know what it is", if that much.

Communication, people. That means you listen as well as speaking. It'll save you so much trouble.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Oh sweet lord. >.<

And husbands at the fabric store - they can be taught!

Hub's job used to send him out of town at least 2x a year. He'd tell me where he was going and I'd look up a fabric shop. Before he'd leave he'd ask me what kind of fabric I'd like.

Funny story: He had a trip to Austin last year to take a class. His boss booked the flight, hotel and rental car and forgot to book the class. So he spent a day in Austin, hit a quilting store and the nice fabric ladies helped him pick out a coordinating bundle of batiks. <3
        https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Quoth Kanalah View Post
          He had a trip to Austin last year to take a class. His boss booked the flight, hotel and rental car and forgot to book the class.
          WTF? Is his boss related to a dispatcher at my previous carrier (office is in Canada)? One day she forgot to book delivery appointments at a regular consignee (at that consignee, an appointment was for the day - driver had to show up sometime between midnight and midnight). Cue 3 trucks driving around 75 miles to the terminal of an LTL company we did linehauls for, then bobtailing back to pick up empty trailers. I didn't see (but I can figure this is what happened) 3 of the LTL company's trucks hauling the trailers 75 miles the other way and bobtailing home once the appointments were arranged. That adds up to A LOT of money.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Ha, probably not.

His boos *thought* he booked the class, then the company cancelled the class since they didn't have enough people signed up for it. So hubs showed up, said "I'm here for the class." sat in for 5 minutes and was like, WTH?

And of course the next flight home wasn't until 6pm, so he had a whole day in Austin.
            https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

So... What did the wife say when you "just had the one"?

Comment

Working...
              X