Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feel free to use a single brain cell. (Vulger, as always)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feel free to use a single brain cell. (Vulger, as always)

This one has my blood boiling just on the sheer stupidity and assholishness. Some quick background, at night our front doors lock for security reasons. There are 3 very prominent signs (which naturally, is kryptonite to people) that all state that you can either use your room key to unlock the doors, or you can pick up the phone for assistance (if you lost your key, haven't checked in, and so on).

SC checked in by himself earlier in the night; he got in right after the doors locked, so had to ring us to get past the doors. He seemed like a bit of a dickhead during that whole process, but I didn't really think anything of it. As I always do this time of night, I gave an exact description of the steps to use to unlock the doors using his key, which he listened to (I could see him looking at the things I was describing, like his key, and the sensor pad to unlock the door). Figured it would be the last I saw of him until the morning.

Later though, SC and SCW are at the front door...and get stuck there. I'm not sure exactly how long they were there since I was busy with other things, but instead of using their key, they pick up the phone. I answer the cordless, and they are just jabbering without their ear to the phone as I repeatedly try to say "Hello? Hello?" into my receiver while I walk back to the front. It's the usual bitching.

SCW: "It's called customer service. This is fucking bullshit."
    SC: "These idiots can't even work a fucking door."
    SCW: "We are NOT paying for this room. They won't even let us in."

Meanwhile, Me: "HELLO! Put the phone to your ear!"

Well, I finally make my way down the elevator...in time to see SC throw the house phone to the floor as hard as he can, shattering the receiver. I walk to the door, which opens (since I'm on the inside), and I'm already furious.

Me: "What do you think you are doing!?"
    SC: "Fuck off. *tries to brush past, I get in his way*"
    Me: "I don't think so. You will see the cost of the replacement phone on your bill, which you will see later on. You have 5 minutes to gather your things and exit the hotel or you will be removed by the police department."
    SCW: "WHAT!?
    Me: "I tried talking to you multiple times through the phone while you had it off the hook, which you might know if you knew how to use a phone properly. I could have reminded you of what I told you during check in, how to use your key to unlock that door, but instead you decided to have the reaction of a petulant five year old. And now you've damaged hotel property, so you're gone."
    SCW: "Well we're not paying for this!"
    Me: "Your card has already been charged. You can attempt to follow up with the (hotel name) legal team on Monday. Get your things and get out. Now."

Catbutt face from both of them as I follow them to their room, and start a timer. They get their shit and leave, and I immediately make new keys to deactivate their old ones. SC and SCW both try to make another issue after they get out the front doors, so I simply stepped back and let them close and re-lock. I then made it look like I dialed a number on the phone, and started talking into it...you know, the usual: "I have two people here who are being evicted from the hotel for damaging our property who are refusing to leave, I need some officer assistance right away." They high-tailed it out of here. I made sure they got in their car and left too, recording their license plate number as they did so...just in case. I keep looking outside to make sure they don't try anything either, as they both seem like the type to come back with a brick for the window.

Best part is, they're local! I wish they'd been drinking, I would have had a cop waiting to force them into a taxi in that case...after all, can't have drunk drivers! But alas, they were sober assholes. I sure as hell charged them too...not going to give them a refund for the room, and I added on a $50 charge for the phone since those receivers are special order.

Uncle Khiras is upset...
    "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
    "What IS fun to fight through?"
    "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

I always enjoy reading your stories of SC stupidity. I'm sure I'm not the only one here.
    "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Quoth Victory Sabre View Post
      I always enjoy reading your stories of SC stupidity. I'm sure I'm not the only one here.
      Ahh, my loyal army of fans, rejoicing in my pain.

Comment

Tragedy... happens to me.
        Comedy... happens to anybody else.
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Do they ever fight and get out of the charges for damaged property on their bills? Had a room like that at my hotel; college kids caused 2000$ worth of damage to the room; smashed walls, torn headboards off the wall, broken box springs, etc. Parents didn't think they should have to pay (kids, 18-20) had them book the room for them) especially since we kicked the kids out.
          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

I'd say that Khiras made sure the dickheads got what was coming to them. Well, insofar as they're now out the cost of a room, plus replacing the house phone.

Mr. Simon Pegg, what say you?

Mr. Neil Patrick Harris?

Mr. Jack Nicholson?

...stop looking so creepy, Jack.

Mr. Isaiah Mustafa?

Well, I'd say that's pretty unequivocal. Wouldn't you agree, Walter?

Quoth dalesys View Post
            Tragedy... happens to me.
            Comedy... happens to anybody else.
            Comedy is just tragedy plus time.
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Every time they stroke a brain cell, it spooges all these gooey thoughts all over everythang.

Comment

Yep, they break rules, destroy property and generally behave like total assholes. And yet they can't comprehend why they get punished for their behavior.

If only it were legal to put customers like these through the
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Wow...too dumb to even use a phone....then get mad and break it.

Yup, sounds like monkeys I work with.
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
                    Do they ever fight and get out of the charges for damaged property on their bills? Had a room like that at my hotel; college kids caused 2000$ worth of damage to the room; smashed walls, torn headboards off the wall, broken box springs, etc. Parents didn't think they should have to pay (kids, 18-20) had them book the room for them) especially since we kicked the kids out.
                    A lot of them try, but when they cause damages they usually get jack shit from the company. We had one guy break the double-paned windows in his room (he said he tripped and broke them with his head, but we think he somehow dropped the ironing board while drunk and the leg broke the windows), and he sure as hell paid.

They charged him the cost of the room, the cost of the room we moved him to, the cost of the window replacement, and a prorated cost estimate on the amount of sales we lost by not having that room (one of our suites) available for a couple months. Plus repair costs on the carpet, which took water damage since it was snowing that night.

One night in the hotel, thousands of dollars in fees...he fought it, but they took him to court and won.

Comment

All I can say with that last one is, "Ouch"

Comment

Quoth KhirasHY View Post
                        ...dropped the ironing board while ...
                        When you're romantically waltzing around the room, a broomstick is insufficiently full-figured.

Comment

Months for a broken window? Was it made by tibetan monks or something?

Comment

Khiras said it was a double-paned window. When my bedroom window (also double-paned) was broken a while back, the glass guy had to make 2 trips. The first was to take measurements, at which point the order for the replacement sealed unit was placed. Once the factory finished making it, he needed a second trip to install it.
                            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
                              Fixed it for ya. Aren't I sweet?

Comment

Working...
                              X