Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feel free to use a single brain cell. (Vulger, as always)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth dalesys View Post
    When you're romantically waltzing around the room, a broomstick is insufficiently full-figured.
    BUT BUT BUT Fred Astaire danced beautifully with a coat rake in Royal Wedding

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pYOOErZ_xM

AND he even danced on the walls and ceiling
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yjhK_OU3D4

How that was done
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0g3g6AvLtM
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
      Khiras said it was a double-paned window. When my bedroom window (also double-paned) was broken a while back, the glass guy had to make 2 trips. The first was to take measurements, at which point the order for the replacement sealed unit was placed. Once the factory finished making it, he needed a second trip to install it.
      Interesting. My sole experience has been with glasswork for highly popular budget cars (1 day) and cheap, single panel display windows (6 hours, mostly transport and haggling).

/stashes factoid in memory palace motel.

Comment

Quoth Sleepwalker View Post
        Interesting. My sole experience has been with glasswork for highly popular budget cars (1 day) and cheap, single panel display windows (6 hours, mostly transport and haggling).

I can't say which company I'm at, but this particular hotel is part of a business that does as much as it can first-hand. They use their own construction companies to build their hotels, which is nice (since they tend to always have things on hand when they're needed), but we're a newer property with a lot of things (like windows) that aren't the same as any other property. The glass replacements they sent out were wrong the first time since they forgot to check that, and they had to ship them back, then get new custom orders made for each pane...only to send the right window for one pane, and the wrong one again for the second pane. They didn't charge the guy the FULL amount with those mistakes, but he did pay for quite a bit of time regardless.

Naturally, their legal people documented everything the whole time, so they had a giant stack of paper when they went to court versus the guest's basic argument of "nuh uh!" This is why I don't screw with lawyers...
        "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
        "What IS fun to fight through?"
        "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

You get a memory motel? All I've got is a privy with some ol' blue tick hound growling at me, like he built it!
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
            You get a memory motel? All I've got is a privy with some ol' blue tick hound growling at me, like he built it!
            Yep. One of those place with hourly rates. Possibly also rhinestone collars.

Comment

... Possibly also rhinestone collars.
              Those are for Mommy. We wouldn't dare shave her up into little balls and dye her lavender.
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
              X