This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Are NOT a PLOWING BUSINESS!

We've received about 2' of snow here in the last 10 days, with 6'' coming over the weekend.

That means, for those of you out there who've neglected to do ANY shoveling/clearing, your sloth has finally caught up with you and now you can't get out of your driveway.

That's a YOU problem, not an US problem.

DO NOT CALL US TO TOW YOU OUT!

If YOU can't get OUT, what makes you think WE can get IN?! Especially if you consider these trucks are WIDER, TALLER and LONGER than the little mouse-holes you gnawed through the sides of that Fortress of Solitude-like ice wall that really is the end of your driveway, your very LONG driveway..... 300 YARDS OF UNCLEARED DRIVEWAY in one case..... Oh, and did I mention, we DO NOT have 4x4 on these trucks? Except for one, which in bad weather is held in reserve anyway since you never know when the police are going to call you to winch out yet another moron in a Honda Civic who ignored the "NO WINTER MAINTENENCE" sign at 1000 block of Buck Valley Road, and are now stranded at about the 1100 block of said road?

Can't tell you how many calls we've had to turn down/cancel upon learning, either over the phone, or more likely, in PERSON when we get there, that the car was NOT reachable without a plowing first, and that's NOT a service we offer, call us back when we can get to you.

P.S. I don't care if you'll be late to work, you're making me late to help people who actually DID some work and shoveled themselves out before realizing they had a dead battery...

And one more thing, this is Central Pennsylvania, unless you just moved here, the fact that it will continue to snow until at least April Fools Day shouldn't be news to you. There's NO excuse for not doing SOMETHING when it at least got ankle-deep before Valentines Day.
    Last edited by Argabarga; 02-17-2014, 09:43 PM.
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

I have to shake my head in disbelief at the morons who should act accordingly in winter weather. I live in Central Pa & you know it can snow all the way till the end of May & that's when it gets HOT. Winter to Summer without a hint of Spring....LOL!

Comment

Heh. Interesting, since I've seen people at the grocery story buying 300 bucks worth of food, thinking they were going to be snowed in, and then the snow came, and the streets were plowed and salted long before they had to be at work. I mean come on, we're in northeastern OH, just west of the PA border; our city is prepared for the snow.

Wishful thinking, maybe?
      The customer is not always right. Most of the time, the customer is a clueless moron. If this offends you, you are this moron.

Comment

It's $115 for a tow, correct? Wouldn't it be a helluva lot cheaper to pay someone to, you know, PLOW the driveway? You could even have a conversation with the neighbors and see if someone would plow the drive for $20-$40. Yikes.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

If you need your driveway plowed, call Klondike-5-3226, for Mister Plow. That's his name, that name again, is Mister Plow.
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
            If you need your driveway plowed, call Klondike-5-3226, for Mister Plow. That's his name, that name again, is Mister Plow.
            You ARE fully licenced and bonded by the state aren't you Mr. Plow?
            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
              You ARE fully licenced and bonded by the state aren't you Mr. Plow?
              Shut up, boy...
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I think that if I lived in a place that got, y'know, SNOW, I'd invest in a snowblower.

(Desert Hell does occasionally get snow, but it''s very rare.)
                Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                  Mr. Plow is a loser and I think he is a boozer. So you'd better make that call to the Plow King.
                  To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                    Mr. Plow is a loser and I think he is a boozer. So you'd better make that call to the Plow King.
                    Oh sorry, Plow King is stuck doing a job up the top of Forbidding Widow's Peak - He'll be up there all day >_>
                    Violets are blue,
                    Roses are red,
                    I bequeath to thee...
                    A boot to the head >_>

Comment

But when he's done, he'll get a $10,000 bill.

All the presidents are on it. They're having a party. Jimmy Carter's passed out on the couch.
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

If you can get your driveway plowed for $20-40, I want to live where you live. I live in a townhouse with a driveway one car wide and three cars long. It's $45 for small snowfalls and $65 for large snowfalls. I am broke this year but am disabled and can't do it myself. But I did hire someone rather than calling a tow truck. What idiots.

Comment

I always think it's hilarious to see the throngs of people buying massive amounts of groceries when the weather is about to turn sinister; I mean, even if it IS a huge, road-and-business-closing storm-of-the-millennium, just how long do they think they're going to be snowed in? A day? 3 days? Definitely NOT $300 worth of groceries (unless it's all beer and chocolate, in which case I can see needing that much).
                          "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
                          -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

A service in my neck of the woods charges $50 for driveway plowing.
                            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth Deserted View Post
                              I think that if I lived in a place that got, y'know, SNOW, I'd invest in a snowblower.

(Desert Hell does occasionally get snow, but it''s very rare.)
                              My damaged back has never felt better since I got the snow blower.
                              There Can Be Only One

Comment

Working...
                              X