This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Deserted View Post
    If they need to make a phone call, I dial for them and put the phone on speaker. It is NEVER within their reach, even if they have to talk loudly to make themselves heard.
    I'd be wary of doing that too...I don't want my personal phone number showing up on their caller ID. Them being SCs would then feel free to call your number for work related stuff 24/7.

Comment

I never let strangers use my personal phone. I don't feel comfortable knowing that whoever they call is going to have my phone number.
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Brojekk View Post
        I'd be wary of doing that too...I don't want my personal phone number showing up on their caller ID. Them being SCs would then feel free to call your number for work related stuff 24/7.
        My personal number is largely used for work-related stuff, 24/7. (I have to be available for my trainees to call at any time, day or night. I've been woken up from a sound sleep more times than I can count.)

But let's not forget people like this guy.
        Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
        OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
        she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
        Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
          Seshat wins
          Aww, thank you.

Do I get tha intawebz?
          Seshat's self-help guide:
          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
            Document, as this piece of work will no doubt complain to your boss or other higher-ups.
            I emailed my manager, my ID and name tag weren't visible but no doubt he saw it on the plane. I do not understand why people are so entitled these days.

No doubt my manager will say that "wasn't good customer service" or some rubbish like that!

Comment

just say next time you will direct the idiot customers to use HIS personal phone since he is so adept at great customer service.

Comment

Quoth BroSCFischer View Post
                My response: What? My phone? I don't have a phone.

SC
                I've done a variant of this when pushy cell phone guys are hassling me in the mall -(does anyone ever buy a phone from the guy yelling at the kiosk?) - "Sorry, I'm Amish." While I'm holding my phone and also clearly not Amish.

Comment

My response: What? My phone? I don't have a phone.

SC

I actually did a variation of this once. Dude came to my door trying to sell something. The main door was open so it was just the screen door. I was sitting goofing off on the computer 10 feet away in full view of the door. He knocked, I looked up and said "Nobody's home"

He stood there for a second trying to figure out how to argue that point with me, and then just walked away to bother someone else. It was glorious.

Comment

Then ask for his

Quoth Air_Stewardess View Post
                    I emailed my manager, my ID and name tag weren't visible but no doubt he saw it on the plane. I do not understand why people are so entitled these days.

No doubt my manager will say that "wasn't good customer service" or some rubbish like that!
                    Leave your phone in the car, go to your boss to talk about the situation, when he tells you it was bad service ask for his phone so you can make an international call on his phone since you don't want to spend any money.

Does he see the light?

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                      "Sorry, my phone was stolen by a passenger last week, and I haven't had time to replace it."
                      I've used this line to refuse loaning stethoscopes to doctors. I've had a couple stolen that way. Enough is enough.

Quoth Air_Stewardess View Post

It is not good customer service to let a customer bully you into letting them use YOUR personal property for THEIR use for free.

Demanding to use your phone is a lot like them demanding to use the inflight phones for free. Your airline isn't going let them do that, so why should you?
                      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
                        Demanding to use your phone is a lot like them demanding to use the inflight phones for free. Your airline isn't going let them do that, so why should you?
                        With one major difference - I believe (never used one) that the inflight phones are "tethered", so the passenger can't walk off with one. If they're not tethered (or the passenger somehow cuts the tether), the airline has a record of the credit card used to make the call, so they know who to go after to get the stolen phone paid for.
                        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Deserted View Post
                          My personal number is largely used for work-related stuff, 24/7. (I have to be available for my trainees to call at any time, day or night. I've been woken up from a sound sleep more times than I can count.)

But let's not forget people like this guy.
                          I use mine for work- related stuff as well (contacting sales reps/sales supervisors /drivers etc. ) so if I were to somehow lose my phone, I'm pretty much SOL (work landline at my desk in the back is difficult to set up for an outside call and running my legs off to go up front to the office is too much trouble w/my gimpy leg. )

Ain't no way some stranger would get my phone - what rare occasions I've been asked, I just refer them to the CS kiosk up front. Nobody I don't know gets to borrow Rosie - even my brother doesn't 't get to now ( he 's got my old iPhone now.).

Some folks were born with no manners but instead a huge sense of entitlement. *sigh*

Of course if one really wants to be an ass, Rosie's actually a gussied-up Candy Crush console disguised as an iPhone 4S.
                          Last edited by DGoddessChardonnay; 02-21-2014, 12:15 AM.
                          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

*grins* I had an Xperia Play, which if you don't know it, is the Playstation phone. I had someone ask to borrow it and I slid out the D-Pad and said, "Not a phone. It's a new hand held gaming system."
                            If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

My response: What? My phone? I don't have a
                              "This is not the Droid you're looking for...."
                              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                                "This is not the Droid you're looking for...."
                                This board is in incredibly desperate need of a pun-groan emoticon of some sort. And it needs to be tagged so that it fulfills the minimum response requirement by itself.

Comment

Working...
                                X