Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm not passing the buck, I am explaining why this happened.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not passing the buck, I am explaining why this happened.

We lost half of our staff two weeks ago now or so...
    A lot of our more complicated transactions have been left half finished and the fired staff are understandably not exactly helpful on what is pending/ overdue/ coming in.

A woman the other day was shaking in anger that her go pro took 10 days to come in and no one called her. Yeah the staff member she was working with, laid off. She could barely speak she was so angry. When our lead CSR tried to explain she was sorry but we lost half our work force and are trying to found our feet she hissed through gritted teeth "oh yes, pass the buck, that's all you people ever do."

A sub that was worth almost $1000 arrived and we had ZERO information on who it belonged to so after waiting 10 days we demo'd it. The customer came in two days later looking for their sub. Guess what....the laid off staff member never told us a sub was coming in.

A woman who exchanged a laptop had the paperwork misplaced about her computer services and freaked out at me that she lives so far out of town she only comes in twice a month and now it's MY fault her laptop isn't ready. She had zero proof of her services, couldn't remember the person she dealt with, had huge long sob stories about everything. 45 minutes of my time trying to get her situation fixed and make her leave.

Today a staff member called in sick and with each staff member covering 3 departments with zero overlap, it left us clambering to get every day stuff done. Not to mention there are people like myself who have had zero training in their new departments so stuff is getting missed. A guy called in about an incoming order that I found on the shelf. He got pissed no one called him. The dude who was doing the orders this morning was running 5 departments alone.

He is going to miss stuff.

Why do people think retail staff have to be similtaniously super human and perfect with no mistakes allowed and in the words of miss angry gopro "utter morons". It's one or the other people. I hope you NEVER make mistakes in your work....
    Last edited by Kiwi; 02-21-2014, 06:57 AM.
    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Once a manager told me to stop making excuses and I told her that the word "excuses" implied that someone had done something wrong. I told her I hadn't done anything that needed an excuse. She didn't like that, but it was the truth.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I know how you feel. We are really short staffed and everybody has to do a million things all day long. Its stressful and customers are never understanding. Neither is management. I hope things get better for you.

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post
        A sub that was worth almost $1000 arrived and we had ZERO information on who it belonged to so after waiting 10 days we demo'd it. The customer came in two days later looking for their sub. Guess what....the laid off staff member never told us a sub was coming in.
        I'm thinking his being laid off meant helping the company was not his #1 priority...

Comment

That hissing woman sounds like a stroke in progress.

Comment

Someone needs to inform these people that passing the buck is the act of attributing another person or group with responsibility for one's own actions. And in these situation, no one is performing any action, because no one knows just what the hell is going on.
            The customer is not always right. Most of the time, the customer is a clueless moron. If this offends you, you are this moron.

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
              I'm thinking his being laid off meant helping the company was not his #1 priority...
              No kidding, if I got laid off I would have been concentrating on finding a new job. (although the paperwork for it should have been completed at the time of sale when he was still employed).
              I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

I'm guessing someone knew the lay-offs were imminent. He or she wasn't on top of the employees? From what I've observed over the years, when lay-offs are coming there is *a great deal of interest* in how some employees' work is progressing.

Comment

Working...
                X