Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For 2.5 years, I was neighbors with a 650 square foot apartment that had between 8 and 12 people living in it. All adults, no parties or suspicious activities, so I kept my nose out of it. Really the least of the crap going on in that complex. I assumed that long work days and lack of kids let them hot bunk it, but I certainly never asked.

Comment

Wow! That's roughly the square footage of my apartment, which seems a bit cramped for me (and my books).
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
        I [perfect time IMHO is mid spring, march or april - I am not into roasting alive ; ) ]
        Pretty much, yeah. Many locals plan their vacations so that they can get OUT of the area during the biggest parade time (the final Thursday through Tuesday).

Heck, if you're within a couple weeks of St Patrick's Day, check out the schedules for the Italian-American, Irish-Italian, and Metairie Road St Patrick's Day parades -- they're basically Mardi Gras Lite, much less hectic/insane/crowded, and predominantly locals. (I have a gallery of one of the Metairie Road ones I went to a few years back on my profile page if yer interested or just bored)

Quoth Moirae View Post
        It was really hot and the daiquiris tasted really good so I drank them way too fast. I had three in about a half hour-45 minutes and was out cold not long after that.
        O_O Holy crap. That's a lot of boozeahol. Glad you made it through the experience to benefit from it, however painfully I'm guessing this was NOT from a drive-thru joint?
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
          Wow! That's roughly the square footage of my apartment, which seems a bit cramped for me (and my books).
          My husband and I and a cat share a 300 square foot apartment (once you take out a couple of storage closets).
          "Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages." - Terry Pratchett
          Emissary of Minong - my blog and its Facebook page

Comment

lol. Nah, it was one of those little walk in places on bourbon street. Ever since then, I keep a hard control over how much I drink. I rarely ever drink, and never more than 2 over a 4 hour period, usually only 1 for the entire night. Really don't want a repeat of that.

Oh, I have an update on the crazy man from my first post... he came in and apologized to our morning front desk clerk the next day saying that they had one hell of a good time.

Comment

I know you can get 8 gamers in a two bed hotel room if you don't have much money for a room at a gaming convention.

Maybe not Kosher, but we were fresh out of college and desperate to go to those conventions our parents would never take us to.
              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
                I broke my brain trying to figure out just how they planned on hiding this fact from hotel staff.
                Isn't it obvious from the OP: Pitch a bitch and throw your weight around ifwhen caught; threaten bad reviews, suing and calling the police....IOW demand to get away with it.
                I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth Moirae View Post
                  It's not to inconvenience them, it's to make sure no one ends up dead. At Dragon Con in Atlanta, someone actually died because there were so many people in a given area that they couldn't get to the person who was having a heart attack. We are doing it for their own safety as well as to protect the hotel.
                  I remember that.
                  In 2006 the entire Hyatt was shut down for incoming traffic because too many people were crowding, an EMT team couldn't get through

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                    calling the police....
                    "Call the police? Here, I'll do it for you, and we'll have it on speakerphone while you explain to them why it's okay for you to break the law."
                    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                    OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                    she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                    Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Quoth Redbeard View Post
                      I remember that.
                      In 2006 the entire Hyatt was shut down for incoming traffic because too many people were crowding, an EMT team couldn't get through
                      Yeah and it hasn't gotten any better. Three or four years back, they had William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, Patrick Stewart and Kate Mulgrew and had a record year of around 90,000 attendees. DC now covers 6 square blocks and increasing.

Actually, they had to move the dealers rooms last year because the year before they had the same thing happen in the Marriott as happened in the Hyatt in 2006. Someone was in one of the dealers rooms and had a heart attack and they couldn't get to him because there were too many people.

The new layout is much better, though it's very confusing now because signs are non-existent.

I really don't understand why room limits are such a big deal. I know it's expensive but if its a choice between life or death, I choose life and screw the extra people. Just my two cents.

I have to say... we are heavily considering heading to the Smokey Mountains this year instead of going to Dragon Con. We've had our most ass kicking busy year ever and need a break. DC is alot of fun but the one thing it isn't is relaxing.

Comment

Quoth Deserted View Post
                        "Call the police? Here, I'll do it for you, and we'll have it on speakerphone while you explain to them why it's okay for you to break the law."
                        Talk about calling their bluff.
                        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?

Comment

And gee, now come the negative reviews. Never mind that around 100 guests stayed with us last weekend, the only ones that bothered to post anything about their stay are the few that had any kind of issue. The others told us about how absolutely wonderful their stay was and how they would definitely come here again.
                          Last edited by Moirae; 02-26-2014, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Is there a way to figure out which of the reviews came from your SC and rebut it?

Who is John Galt?

Comment

Unfortunately no. These ones got smart and posted in a place that we can't reply to because the website gives them the option to accept replies (Booking.com). I really don't think any site should allow posts if they don't also allow a manager to refute it.

Comment

More Mardi Gras suckage

So my agent didn't get a guests credit card when he should have a few days ago (the room was paid for via a third party and for some reason, guests think they don't need to provide one on checkin but we changed that a long time ago due to severe problems with such things as the following).

Since then, the girl has been sitting on the porch propositioning men, multiple men have come and gone from her room, and she has bombed out the bottom floor of the hotel so bad with the smell of weed that we had to open all the doors and windows to get rid of the smoke after we booted her but t out of the hotel.

See, her "father" (I honestly think its a code word for pimp) tried to pay for another night for her via a third party. But its Mardi Gras and I insisted that we have a credit card on file. Her "father" blew a gasket and started screaming at me over the phone. Even she looked at me and said "He's not willing to work with you, is he"?

Finally I just told him that the conversation was over and that she would have to leave and hung up on him.

She was actually fairly nice about it, but that crazy person was calling me names and started screaming that I had no idea what it was like to have a child alone in a strange city, that how can I be manager when I won't work with him (aka, give him anything he wants no matter what) and all kinds of crap other crap.

Uhhh.... I don't have to work with anyone when they are behaving that way, "daughter" and "father". I'm the one with the product and we are an independent hotel. If I didn't do what I did, I'd be fired.

Likely more to come... stay tuned.

Comment

Working...
                                X