This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• License to be alive

ONE more story on people who I swear need some BRAINS in their head or I might NOT be able to control the Fist of Death.

I was dispatched on a triple. The first order I kinda recognized the address. As I pull up to the address I realize YUP it is the ONLY purpose built 4-plex apt building in the area. I look at the ticket and also realize there is NO apt # on the ticket.

I get on my cellphone and call the number. a person answers and I go through my standard spiel inquiring if an order was placed and to confirm the address specifically asking for the apt #.

The person on the other end says they did order BUT (and here is where things always go straight to hell) -------

me - the now hairless fearless delivery driver
    SFB = SHIT for brains

SFB - OH we are STILL on the road. we are just crossing the bridge < WHICH friggin bridge we have SOOOOO many AND WHY the fuck are you on the road).

me - <wishing I had more hair to pull out> so you are not far?

SFB - YEAH

me - Well I can make another delivery and be back shortly. Could you please give me your apt #??

SFB - we will be there shortly.

me - OK <YEAH RIGHT>

I go to my 2d drop about 4 blocks away and return to address #1

I call again. basically the same conversation. STILL no apt #

Enough is enough. I call the store and get the MOD to call them. HE get the same "run-around" Still no apt # and NO ETA of their arrival. MOD tells me to do my 3d drop and return to the store.

NOW normally what would happen is this:

About 20 minutes later the "customer" would call the store and bitch and moan and whine they haven't gotten their order yet. and stamp their feet and throw a temper tantrum like a 3 YO. Then we would give them their order for free (yes this is SOP for my company.).

NOPE not this time. EXACTLY an hour later I was on another delivery when my phone rang. The ringer indicated that the number calling was not on my contact or white list. So I ignore it until after I make my delivery. I recognize the number as being the one from order #1 above. and YES no voice mail. I call the store to alert the MOD of the situation. Whatever he says. IF they want their order they can call the store.

Still not the end of the story

They do indeed call the store BUT NOW want their order delivered to an address way over on the east side of town and WAAAYYYY out of our delivery area. MOD tells the customer this. <SO SORRY>

Still not the end of the story

about 30 minutes later my phone RINGS again. and GUESS whose number it is???? o If you guessed "customer" from above you get 2 internets as a prize.

Still not the end of the story.

I got off work about 45 minutes. I had to get the manager to settle up my tickets. As I am entering the office, the MOD is taking an order.

GUESS who is ordering????

anyone???? ANYONE????? ? ANYONE??? Buler Buler????

If you can not guess I will tell you.

SFB.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Exactly what were these idiots on, I'm guessing it's banned.

Ordering and you're not even home? Fail!
    Getting a call, still not home and still no apartment number? Epic Fail!!
    Call back and not leave a message? Still more fail!!!
    Calling and asking for delivery to another address outside the delivery area long after the initial order? Go DIAF!!!!

If ever there was a need for a BANNED FOR LIFE list this story provides proof!

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
      Ordering and you're not even home? Fail!
      Getting a call, still not home Epic Fail!!
      I am so Guilty!

I was on the way home late with a sleeping kid in the car when I called. I didn't want to stop and pick up and have to wake up kid, drag him into store, and keep him awake for the 15 minutes to get home and put him in bed. But hot damn they were fast. When the delivery guy called me I was just pulling onto my street and about 2 blocks away. Checked my phone later, from the time I ordered until he called me was less than 20 minutes! They were always super fast, but that day they were on fire. I mean even when the store was busy and the store guy said delivery times were running from 1 hour - 1 1/2 hours they still always came in less than 45 minutes, but that day they were on super fast times.

Okay, enough justification, yeah sometimes I'm 'one of them'. Sorry all
      Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

Quoth NecessaryCatharsis View Post
        I am so Guilty!
        yeah sometimes I'm 'one of them'. Sorry all

If you were two blocks away, said "Sorry, I'm two blocks away, I'll be there in three minutes." then I'm sorry, you weren't "one of them." Hell, I've been to stoner's apartments where it takes them longer to figure out I'm not the cops, spray their febreeze, put half the bongs away, gather up the money, and turn down the stereo than it would to drive two blocks.

Thank god it didn't enter SFB's mind to have RM pace them and pass the pie across cars - apparently they are VERY busy people, that the rest of us should accommodate.

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
          If you can not guess I will tell you.
          S......Santa?
          "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
          "What IS fun to fight through?"
          "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
            If you were two blocks away, said "Sorry, I'm two blocks away, I'll be there in three minutes." then I'm sorry, you weren't "one of them." Hell, I've been to stoner's apartments where it takes them longer to figure out I'm not the cops, spray their febreeze, put half the bongs away, gather up the money, and turn down the stereo than it would to drive two blocks.

HELL YES to the n-th degree. I can live with NC's situation NOT the idiots we had to deal with.

OH and you forgot about trying to cover up/put away 2 ounces of weed spread out on the table. AND try and count out enough money AND me NOT getting a contact high.
            I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
            -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth NecessaryCatharsis View Post
              I mean even when the store was busy and the store guy said delivery times were running from 1 hour - 1 1/2 hours they still always came in less than 45 minutes
              I've found that tipping well usually causes great delivery times from our local king arthur's meeting furniture restaurant.
              Labor boards have info on local laws for free
              HR believes the first person in the door
              Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
              Document everything
              CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
                I've found that tipping well usually causes great delivery times from our local king arthur's meeting furniture restaurant.
                I didn't know they were still in business. All the ones in my area shut down close to 20 years ago.
                To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Working...
                X