This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone a fortune teller?

Apparently fortune telling is now meant to be in our skill set at work. This particular SC called up, wanting to know how much her next phone bill was going to be, to the penny.

Today's date - 25th February
    Her next bill - 18th March.

As I've mentioned elsewhere, I work for a UK mobile phone company so the bill will always be the line rental charge (plus any additional services, minus any discount), and any usage during the month. As a result, we don't know how much the next bill is going to be until it's printed. We can of course give an estimate based on recent usage and the line rental but this wasn't possible on this call for two reasons. 1) It's too early in her billing period (just seven days in), and 2) There hasn't been any usage. I also didn't want to tell her because you know with someone like this they will be on the phone after the bill is printed saying, "But Retro told me it would be £xx.xx"

Plus, on top of that, she's only been with the network a month and already made several complaints resulting in discount off her next bill as well as a recurring discount on her account. All because of alleged call quality issues - issues for which she's flat out refused to allow us to help her with, instead demanding compensation. Grrrrrrr. Throwing money at the problem isn't going to make your calls better!

So anyway she demands a manager. Sorry, no dice - not happening.

"You know what. I'm gonna call back in and speak to someone else because you're clearly a nob."

"I'm not going to be spoken to like that, so I'm terminating the call."

"No because I'm going to end the call."

(And she did, denying me the pleasure of cutting her off.)

Quoth retro View Post
    I also didn't want to tell her because you know with someone like this they will be on the phone after the bill is printed saying, "But Retro told me it would be £xx.xx"
    ...which is exactly what she wanted.

Quoth retro View Post
    Plus, on top of that, she's only been with the network a month and already made several complaints resulting in discount off her next bill as well as a recurring discount on her account. All because of alleged call quality issues - issues for which she's flat out refused to allow us to help her with, instead demanding compensation. Grrrrrrr. Throwing money at the problem isn't going to make your calls better!
    There are likely no quality issues whatsoever. You were dealing with a leech.
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
    OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
    she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
    Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Quoth Deserted View Post
      There are likely no quality issues whatsoever. You were dealing with a leech.
      Agreed. My Scammer-Sense is tingling with this one. Is this something you can bring up with a supervisor?

And you wanted a fortune teller? Let's see..."Will retro's customer pay her bill on time and stop trying to pull a fast one?" (turns the Magic 8 Ball) "Very doubtful". Somehow I'm not surprised...
      Last edited by XCashier; 02-25-2014, 06:07 PM.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Exactly why I didn't want to quote her anything. I hate giving bill estimates because I know this is exactly what they will do. If I do give estimates I make it abundantly clear that it is just that - an estimate, and my account memos always say something along the lines of 'Fully made customer aware that the figure quoted is only an estimate and final bill MAY be different.'

Oh I told the supervisor that she wanted to escalate for this and he just laughed.

Comment

So next time, you put your finger on the phone button that terminates the call, as you're speaking, and when you get to the words "terminating this call," press the button on the word "call." Bye-bye scamming customer!

Not that I would EVER do this to a customer *cough*
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

and that is why if someone is complaining but refusing help fixing the issues, they should be told they will not be getting any discounts as they did not work to fix the issue. (and yes I know that the worst ones will just pretend)

Comment

Quoth retro View Post
              As I've mentioned elsewhere, I work for a UK mobile phone company so the bill will always be the line rental charge (plus any additional services, minus any discount), and any usage during the month. As a result, we don't know how much the next bill is going to be until it's printed. We can of course give an estimate based on recent usage and the line rental but this wasn't possible on this call for two reasons. 1) It's too early in her billing period (just seven days in), and 2) There hasn't been any usage.
              Channeling BOFH: There is ONE way I can give you the bill amount at this time. Do you want me to do so?

SC: Yes!

BOFH: (clicky-clicky - changes account settings so the phone CAN'T be used, so there won't be any usage for the rest of the month) Your bill will be $XX.XX (line rental plus services minus discount). Have a nice day!
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

For all of your fortune telling needs: The Magic 8 Ball!
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth retro View Post
                  If I do give estimates I make it abundantly clear that it is just that - an estimate, and my account memos always say something along the lines of 'Fully made customer aware that the figure quoted is only an estimate and final bill MAY be different.'
                  Don't worry, most SC's will conveniently ignore the word estimate.
                  I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                  -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I think I can foretell how much her bill will be............

Much more than she wants to actually pay.
                    Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

Quoth NecessaryCatharsis View Post

Much more than she wants to actually pay.
                      With this customer, that'd be any amount above zero.
                      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                      My LiveJournal
                      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth NecessaryCatharsis View Post

Much more than she wants intends to actually pay.
                        Fixed that for you.
                        Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                        OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                        she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                        Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                          Channeling BOFH: There is ONE way I can give you the bill amount at this time. Do you want me to do so?

SC: Yes!

BOFH: (clicky-clicky - changes account settings so the phone CAN'T be used, so there won't be any usage for the rest of the month) Your bill will be $XX.XX (line rental plus services minus discount). Have a nice day!
                          Either that or quote her a figure far exceeding her usage.... and set that up as the bill....

"your bill will be $250.05".
                          *changes all non-static charges to Zero cost for the bill period and adds a static charge to the account to make the bill exactly that...*
                          I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                            For all of your fortune telling needs: The Magic 8 Ball!
                            I prefer the Magic Cheezburger. Sadly though, they're no longer sold
                            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                            X