This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My IQ is lower after this one

I worked in a nationwide chain that sells electronics.... I have never been surrounded by such incompetence, both in the workers and management, and just about everyone who shops there.

I quit not too long ago... 9.00 an hour was not near enough for what I had to deal with on a daily basis... and they thought it was ok with me to schedule me sometimes on the same day I was to work, if you want to work me like a doctor then start paying me like one!!!... anyways I've had several bad customers, but this one takes the cake...

Typical pissed off 45-60 year old woman... ok already off to a bad category of people to deal with. One of her main points of annoyance was the 10 second pauses between every statement she made to me.... as if waiting for me to hand her a CD and tell her this will take care of all her problems. Ok so here it is:

Me: "Hey can I help you find anything today ma'am?"

Her: "Yes I bought a computer from you last year and now it says I need to renew Norton..."

Me: "Yeah you have to renew your subscription to Norton every year."

Her: "I know so I tried to renew it and it tried to update.............."

Me: "Ok?"

Her: "You know you're not much help.... so I tried to renew it and it said a file was corrupt and I need to reinstall it...." - longer than usual pause

Me: "Alright... well..."

Her: "What should I do?!"

Me: "Reinstall it?"

Her: "OH YOU ARE NO HELP!"

Me: "Well it's a little difficult... you could bring the computer in and we could take a look at it."

Her: "You have got to be kidding me!"

Me: "No I'm not."

Her: "I bought the warranty you should come out to my house and fix it!!"

Me: "We don't cover software issues, that should have been expained and it's in the warranty agreement..."

Her: "Is here anybody else here that actually knows anything!?!?! because you are no help!"

At this point she walked off to tell my manager that I had gotten smart with her... and probably gave him another run-through of her disastrous situation. I just told him she was just salty for whatever reason and luckily another manager had been there listening to the whole thing and backed me up.... but god damn some people

I should add that yeah, most 45-60 year old women are terrified of computers... however this was the type of person that didn't want to under any circumstances be made to feel ignorant, even if that's the case.

I consider myself a good person to talk to as far as explaining tech stuff in a way most people can understand.

It's the aggressive question askers that get to me... you can't be helped unless you want to be...

Comment

LOL...I always love the ones that think that the warranty includes " onsite I'm a tard & can't click a button" service. I get those ones...daily
      "I reject your reality and substitute my own"....Adam Savage-Mythbuster

Must remember to stop using "brain of death" on slower morons.... I meant customers.

Comment

I learned a lot from the guys in computers when I worked at Circuit City. We always had people bring in their PC's and just fixed them ourselves, since the service plans were really only there to pay us commission. If you paid for the service and called the actual technicians for support, all they would do was blame every problem on software and not fix it (one customer had a problem where his CD tray wouldn't eject. They said it was software and he was SOL. Could it have actually been a software issue? Possibly, but probably a 1% chance). We'd just have the customers come in and charge them $10 or so (under the table, of course) to fix whatever was wrong. Most of the things people couldn't seem to do on their own were installing RAM and updating to newer versions of various software, so it was easy money.

This customer should have been calling Symmantec anyway. She's lucky you even tried to help.
        "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Working...
        X