No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really wondering why the mermaid and angel moves in aerial hoop are called this, when I feel like I'm about to fall out of the hoop in both cases!

(This is a mermaid for reference. The angel move is a variant where the top leg [in the video it's her left] is bent. We're taught slightly differently though in class)

Comment

• There's nothing better than having an awkward moment right at the end of a Friday, just so you have the treat of dwelling on it for the whole weekend! Honestly, I could just kick myself.
      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
        Raking up 2-3 years of leaf litter left to mold by the previous residents, and a fucking scorpion scuttles out.😱
        Wow... just a sleeping scorpion would have been bad enough....no wonder he was in a bad mood at being disturbed
        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• Quoth LadyofArc View Post
          Really wondering why the mermaid and angel moves in aerial hoop are called this, when I feel like I'm about to fall out of the hoop in both cases!

(This is a mermaid for reference. The angel move is a variant where the top leg [in the video it's her left] is bent. We're taught slightly differently though in class)
          Because once you can do them, they look effing amazing.

Comment

• Multi-tasking: doing a few other things as I watch a real-time video of the Titanic sinking ... it's very, very creepy, especially the interior shots with the rising water. It's from a video game ("Titanic: Honor and Glory") and it lacks the human panic that would've been escalating during that time, but you get text information about what was happening and when, plus the background noises of the ship itself. The times when emergency rockets were fired nearly scared my poor sleeping cat off the desk.

Other than the shipboard noises, the silence (no background music, which was smart) makes it even more eerie.

The group posting it has added a notice that any comments consisting of conspiracy theories will be deleted without warning.

The "game" actually sounds more like a historical recreation of the sinking, that the public will be able to scroll through. It also appears to still be in the project stages, even though this was posted in April 2016.
            Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Wow, a real time video of the Titanic sinking... That's just... I have a fear of being trapped below deck on a ship and drowning and I'm pretty sure it started when I saw the movie the Titanic as a kid. I feel claustrophobic just thinking about it. I recently read something about how many animals were on the Titanic and that made me sad all over again. What a horrible horrible thing. Fyi, they say only one animal survived. A little dog, because his rich owner refused to get on the life raft without him. Good for her, but sad for all the other people and animals.

Anyway, the heat FINALLY broke! It reached a high of I think 70 degrees here today, which is amazing considering on Sunday it was 90. I can suddenly think clearly, and have more energy! I really cannot stand the heat. If it were easy for me to move to Alaska I would do it, I'm not even joking.
              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• That point where you try to stand up for yourself, get shut down, so you then try again and get told that you're being too aggressive. -_-

Comment

• Quoth Pixelated View Post
                  The "game" actually sounds more like a historical recreation of the sinking, that the public will be able to scroll through. It also appears to still be in the project stages, even though this was posted in April 2016.
                  Do you have a link to this, please? It sounds interesting.
                  "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

• Playing Kittens in a Blender and my mom is like, "I didn't want to play that card, it's too mean to my sweet grandson."

Mom, this 9-year-old boy will straight up wipe you out the first chance he gets with absolutely no remorse. No mercy, you're playing for your life here.
                    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Quoth LadyofArc View Post
                      That point where you try to stand up for yourself, get shut down, so you then try again and get told that you're being too aggressive. -_-
                      Unfortunately, that's SOP against women and minorities.

Comment

• Quoth greek_jester View Post
                        Do you have a link to this, please? It sounds interesting.
                        Posted in "Check It Out".
                        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• So I finally decide that, y'know, maybe I should UNPACK my new printer, instead of using it (in its box) as a sort of flat surface on which I can keep putting stuff as I declutter.

And I find a notice on the ink cartridges: "DO NOT DRINK OR PUT IN MOUTH."

Aw man, and here I was just gonna take a few slurps of it to go with my supper ...
                          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Quoth Pixelated View Post
                            Posted in "Check It Out".
                            Thanks Pixelated.
                            "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

• You're welcome, greek_jester.

Cat is trying to inhale the fingers on my right hand. That's CHLORINE BLEACH you're smelling, you idiot! Guess it's not a good idea to try to smear the stuff around a piece of fabric with your bare hands ... It's a sweatshirt; main colour is white but there are spots near a colourful sparkly design; I'm hoping to donate or sell it at the upcoming garage sale. I was trying to get the bleach on some spots that are on the white parts without having it spread over the design.

My brand-new keyboard and mouse have stopped working. Both are wireless and were working off the batteries that came with them, so I'm hoping it's just cheap and dead batteries.
                              ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• It seems like all the "enhanced safety features" in new cars only serve as another distraction, thus reducing safety...
                                "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                                "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
                                X