This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Construction in Chinatown and other places

I managed to catch this on video yesterday and upload it to YouTube.

It's part of a project that will see accessible streetcars by August 31st. In the meantime, I chided myself for being so close to the action that my ears hurt.

While we're on the topic of construction, about two weeks ago, I wandered over to the harbour where the waterfront revitalization was going on. Barricades and cones were put up to guide and protect pedestrians as they went about their business. However, I mistakenly headed over to an unoccupied lane in the road. I managed to get away from a car by maneuvering myself behind the concrete barricades and staying on that side until it was safe.

If you haven't heard it before, you'll hear it again. In Canada, we have only two seasons: winter and CONSTRUCTION!
    Last edited by cindybubbles; 07-29-2014, 11:20 PM.
    cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Quoth cindybubbles View Post
    If you haven't heard it before, you'll hear it again. In Canada, we have only two seasons: winter and CONSTRUCTION!
    What a coincidense, those are Illinois's two seasons.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

The Radio station just posted a pic of Road construction workers, with the line "They started driving a different route to avoid us" ... "So we started doing work on that road too."

This summer here in Freddy, it certainly feels like they're doing that. With Westmoreland street bridge down to 2 lanes (from 4 lanes) and most of its ramps closed, getting from one side of the river to the other has been 'fun'.

What's more, one of the main roads to feed the bridge with the ramps down, has a detour at the far end of it for one of that road's main feeders.... AND the next road down has a lane shut down and detouring traffic up to that road, going in the opposite direction. So Maple street has overlapping detours. Good luck getting around if you don't know your way around.

Plus when they started work on the Westmorland street bridge, the PMB was partly closed for work at one end of it as well. And the Mactaquac dam is down to 1 lane as well (15 minutes outside of the city, but it's effectively our 3rd river crossing).

First day of bridge construction, I was 90 minutes late when taking my normal bus. Now I catch an earlier bus and get in about 15 minutes early. Can't wait for September to get here. At least I'll be out of the city for 2 weeks or so coming soon so I can miss more of the fun.

Comment

Quoth cindybubbles View Post
        Well where I'm at in Canada the two seasons are "**** it's cold!" and "**** it's hot!"
        I AM the evil bastard!
        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

When I lived in Texas, there were only three seasons:

Summer, Cold, and Football.

There would be some overlap.
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
            What a coincidense, those are Illinois's two seasons.
            Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
            When I lived in Texas, there were only three seasons:

Summer, Cold, and Football.

There would be some overlap.
            HMMMMM the same seems to be also true here deep in the heat of Cheeseheadland.
            I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
            -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
              HMMMMM the same seems to be also true here deep in the heat of Cheeseheadland.
              'specially the overlap - The Pack made the top of the fold in the sports section last week already.

Comment

Quoth Jetfire View Post
                The Radio station just posted a pic of Road construction workers, with the line "They started driving a different route to avoid us" ... "So we started doing work on that road too."
                Been like that in my city. I spent most of spring/summer taking a long detour to work while they installed a signal at an intersection (they just finished it this week...I was in the first line of cars to go through it!)

On my paper route, an entire block has been torn up for a couple weeks now. Fortunately I don't have any customers on that block. I feel bad for the people who live there though 'cause there's no nearby street parking anywhere so I don't know what they're doing.

Though I feel worse for a block downtown near the grocery store, as they've torn it up and seem to have left it for like three months now. At least those people have alternative street parking and I think there's an alley to serve the homes on one side but yeah, that's gotta be several levels of annoying right there.
                Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Working...
                X