Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did you even take time to complain about this? (more stupid survey results)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did you even take time to complain about this? (more stupid survey results)

One was from Saturday morning. Apparently we need to teach our cashiers not to share what's "inappropriate". Someone complained she didn't want to hear about the cashier's personal life. Now, I know the morning people, and I know they don't share akward stuff. One will sometimes chat about her grandkids, but honestly, what's offensive about grandkids?? And we're told to be personable with customers. The complaint actually said, "I don't want to hear about the cashier's personal life." Because you only care about yourself? And yet, if she hadn't been friendly enough, some sucktomer would've been angry at that. We can't win either way, but if we shut up and say nothing at all, the complaint is that we're "detached"--actual word used about someone the week before.

Another complaint was about a morning person using "syrupy, canned phrases" like "Did you find what you were looking for?" or "Have a good day". I can think of one cw in particular who does this and I can kind of see what the customer is talking about. But to make a point of complaining? And what else are we supposed to say? "Hope your day doesn't suck"? "Did you find whatever crap you were looking for?"? In fact, we were once told not to ask if the customer found everything because it makes customers angry. Well, I guess it does because a few years ago I got yelled at for it. Are we supposed to just grunt at them? Man, the stupid stuff people will complain about.

I have a good mind to tear the survey results into tiny, tiny pieces.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Some people just aren't happy if they don't have something to bitch about.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Wow, you have some real douchebags shopping there.

I think those surveys should come with a qualifier: "Are you having a bad day? Then please DON'T take our survey."
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
        My FIL is a perfect example of this. He can go to the most well-stocked store, with the most attentive, helpful, courteous staff, get checked out quickly and efficiently, and on his way out, mutter "I hate the color of the floor - why didn't they paint it blue instead?"

He's currently staying with my MIL in a hotel while their new house is being finished (will be done in 2 weeks) and I found out the hotel staff have given him the nickname Mr Cranky Pants
        The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

This brings to mind quote from Fraiser: Think about it, Niles. What's the one thing better than an exquisite meal? An exquisite meal with one tiny flaw we can pick at all night.
          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
            One will sometimes chat about her grandkids, but honestly, what's offensive about grandkids??
            Well, kinda depends on the grandkids. Most are just fine, a few are marginal, but every now and then, there are a few that you really just wanna drop kick into next Sunday. Now, I'm not saying I would do it, or that any but a fraction of grandkids fall into this category....but the ones who do make me really, really concentrate on not swinging my leg......

Are we supposed to just grunt at them?
            No, a simple bowing and scraping will suffice.

I have a good mind to tear the survey results into tiny, tiny pieces.
            I have a brand new and very sharp knife I can use to help you with that.

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
            Then they're still not happy. Satisfied, perhaps, sometimes smugly so. But happy? Those fuckers? Never.

Quoth MoonCat View Post
            I think those surveys should come with a qualifier: "Are you having a bad day? Then please DON'T take our survey."
            No, because plenty of people have bad days. It should ask if they're permanently miserable, nitpicky, glass is half empty but stained with some mystery brown stuff kinda people.

Ah, fuck it. Let's not give out surveys to the miserable ones in the first place.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

Ah, fuck it. Let's not give out surveys to the miserable ones in the first place.
              Well, that was kinda my point
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Do you all know how much you always make me feel better? I'm over here.

Comment

Customer surveys: the Youtube comments of the retail world.
                  "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
                    There's a British comic called Dave Gorman who has a TV show called 'Modern Life is Good-ish' and he makes a whole routine out of this. He calls it 'the bottom half of the internet' because that's where you get all of the Youtube comments, comments on news articles, etc. He collates the weirdest comments and turns them into a poem which he them performs with a string quartet backing.

This week's article was about a news story listing the top British gentlemen of the last century. Churchill of course came top, but 'the bottom half of the internet' were people complaining about why some people (eg David Beckham) were so high/low depending on your point of view of course. The funniest was why there was no mention of the Queen or Helen Mirren. Clearly the 'gentlemen' description was lost on them.

If you want to look for them on YouTube, he calls them 'found poems' and they're hilarious.

Comment

Keep giving out surveys, but only pay attention to the ones where the customers add in their name AND complete contact information (phone and email address, at least). Throw out the anonymous negative reviews unless you see a trend of these against a particular employee (like someone who smokes inside the store, or a someone who is deliberately rude and unhelpful, etc.).
                      That way, everyone, including management will know who they're dealing with.
                      cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

They have a problem with canned responses? OK then, have them complain to Corporate and ask them to have the cashiers use DIFFERENT canned responses. Don't like them at all? Shop at tiny little local places that don't force their workers to say that crap, then.
                        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Actually, we were told not to ask if they found everything because it makes them mad. And we aren't directed to use canned phrases. I suppose I could see the complainer's point, but honestly, to make a big deal about it is childish. I have better things to do than complain about whatever the cashier said. In fact, I've been 3 feet away from a venting session between Wally World employees and was bemused, but had no intention of telling on them because..who cares??

Quoth Crossbow View Post
                          RAPS--WE NEED A LIKE BUTTON!
                          Last edited by EricKei; 09-18-2014, 07:04 PM. Reason: merged consecutive posts

Comment

RAPS--WE NEED A LIKE BUTTON!
                            Raps would really like a LURK button to apply to some of us!
                            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

That really chaps my ass because especially in recent years I'm not the happiest person in the world, but by golly I won't destroy anyone else's day just because I'm not happy. Maybe I'm overly nice and even fake sounding/looking, but at least no one at a store or restaurant can ever say I wasn't sweet.
                              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
                              X