This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Were you born that rude...

Or did your mother not teach you any manners, jackass?

It's just a damn scar!

I have a redish scar up my forearm where I burnt myself a few years back. I was a cook and I accidentally got too close to the deep fryer. Anyways, it's pretty noticeable since it's about three and a half inches long and crimsom.

Wearing short sleeves, obviously, and stocking the shelves when this thing comes down the aisle, but stops a good bit away from me.

Jackass: *stares at me *
    Me: Sir, may I help you?
    Jackass: What are you infected with? I don't wanna get too close and catch it. You shouldn't be working if you're infected!
    Me: *confused* I'm sorry, sir? I'm perfectly fine...
    Jackass: Then what's that!! *pointing to my scar*
    Me: Oh, it's a scar. I burnt myself on a deep fryer a few years back.
    Jackass: You should really cover that up then if you're working.....
    Me: I will, yes sir. Thank you for making me feel self conscious for the rest of the day!
    Jackass: Um.....

Please do not sniff, touch, or taste the employees.

My uniform is all black. The store's AC system is malfunctioned. It's the South in September. IT IS HOT AS HELL. Naturally, at the end of the a shift, I smell like customers and teenagers. Gross.

Customer sneaks up BEHIND me and grabs my ponytail..... and smells me....

Creeper: Ya know, fur such a purty women.... you sure don't smell like one!
    Me: That's because I wasn't born one, sir. Have a great night!

Just for the record... I was born a woman, I am a woman, and I meant no offense by the comment. I just needed him to leave me alone. I wish you could have seen the look of terror and confusion on his face, though.

I yell back, don't forget it.

I'm pushing heavy uboats full of 12pks across the store to restock them. There are six pks of cans on top of the 12pks on this one. The ones held together with the flimsy plastic bands.

This kid is running all over the store. I've told him to stop several times, but it doesn't stop him. He's just running back and forth likes he's hyped up on sugar. Well he runs out in front of my uboat. Like road runner fast, just zoom. I jerk hard back on the uboat, and narrowly miss hitting the kid. He's still running like nothing happened. I'd catch him, but when I jerked back, the whole thing shook and several of the six pks fell off, spraying soda everywhere....

I'm beginning to mop it up when this lady storms up to me.

SC: YOU ALMOST RAN OVER MY SON!
    Me: Your son should not have been running in my store then, ma'am.
    SC: Excuse me? You can't talk back to me!! I'M THE CUSTOMER!
    *at this point, the kid runs by me again and bumps into a cardboard display of chips. Yup. Knocking shit everywhere and not slowing down a bit*
    Me: Ma'am. If your kid doesn't STOP running in my store right now, you will not be a future customer.
    SC: How dare you!! You can't do that! I'm calling your store manager. You're going to be in trouble and you will be fired! I can't believe you're allowed to speak to customers that way!
    *kid runs by again, going the other way, and runs smack into the side of our Pepsi cooler. I rush over and am trying to make sure the kid is okay. He's unconscious and I'm trying to dial 911 for an ambulance, while his mother is screaming in the background about suing the store for not being more careful and not stopping the kid from running and on and on and on.*
    Me: Ma'am, if you could just shut the hell up for five minutes, so I can make sure he's going to get help, that would great.
    SC: You are so RUDE! What would your store manager say!
    Me: I've had enough lady! Your kid is unconscious! Don't you even care about that instead of being a bitch to me? You can bitch later after I make sure he's okay! SHUT UP ALREADY!

She doesn't say anything else to me. The ambulances arrive and take the kid and mom to the hospital. I found out later that the kid turned out to be okay, just a concussion.

And despite that awful encounter, my day ended with a hilarious note. I overheard two elderly ladies talking about men when I hear this gem. This will be my new motto.

Aw. Honey. Men don't really care what you look like, what your weight is, what you're wearing....they don't care....not as long as you willing to get naked and get under!
    No ma'am. I'm sorry, I cannot control the temperature. We're in hell, that's why.

Well, I hope you write up a long and detailed report for your boss so he can put it In The Files when corporate calls.

Comment

Quoth Plankton78 View Post
      Customer sneaks up BEHIND me and grabs my ponytail..... and smells me....

Creeper: Ya know, fur such a purty women.... you sure don't smell like one!
      Me: That's because I wasn't born one, sir. Have a great night!
      Are you supposed to take this as a compliment or what?
      I might start using this line.

Comment

Me: Your son should not have been running in my store then, ma'am.
        SC: Excuse me? You can't talk back to me!! I'M THE CUSTOMER!
        He's unconscious and I'm trying to dial 911 for an ambulance, while his mother is screaming in the background about suing the store for not being more careful and not stopping the kid from running and on and on and on.*
        Stupid bitch...THAT'S WHAT PLANKTON WAS TRYING TO DO. And she shouldn't have to police your hyper kid's behavior...that's YOUR job.

And that "woman" should be forced to pay for the several cases of soda that her son caused to be wasted.

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
          Stupid bitch...THAT'S WHAT PLANKTON WAS TRYING TO DO. And she shouldn't have to police your hyper kid's behavior...that's YOUR job.

And that "woman" should be forced to pay for the several cases of soda that her son caused to be wasted.

I should have made her clean it too.
          No ma'am. I'm sorry, I cannot control the temperature. We're in hell, that's why.

Comment

Tell me the in tale #3 is banned....and that the management has your back on this as well.
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Wow, the lady in #3 was out of line!

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                Tell me the in tale #3 is banned....and that the management has your back on this as well.
                Seconded! I'm sure you made a full report to your manager; after all, an ambulance had to be called. But this hag is most likely seeing $$$ and will try to push this further. Do you have surveillance cameras in your store? Footage of the brat running about while Mum does nothing to stop him would be highly useful.
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

The U-boat was clearly not 100% in operating condition - otherwise you would have torpedoed the mother.
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Somebody managed to pass the practical test to become a parent but completely failed the written portion of the exam.

Comment

This happened in the front in full swing of six different security cameras. After calling 911, and making sure help was on the way, I did call my store manager who arrived shortly after the ambulances did. She listened to my side of the story, but didn't get to speak to the mother. She did, however, view securityfootage , which backed my story, and is supporting my choices on the situations. She thinks Idid a great job handling it and has , yes!, banned her from the store. I will let you know if she ever comes for more.

I should have run over her, though, huh.

Comment

I should have run over her, though, huh.
                        Don't do that. Think of the poor guy that has to clean the u-boat and floor afterwards.
                        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I did call my store manager who arrived shortly after the ambulances did. She listened to my side of the story, but didn't get to speak to the mother. She did, however, view security footage, which backed my story, and is supporting my choices on the situations. She thinks I did a great job handling it and has, yes!, banned her from the store.
                          Couldn't happen to a more deserving person. But the SC probably won't accept her defeat; I'm sure she'll try to cause more trouble for the store. I hope the security footage was kept and a full report filed.
                          Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                          Don't do that. Think of the poor guy that has to clean the u-boat and floor afterwards.
                          I was just thinking that! They'd be picking SC bits out of the wheels for weeks!
                          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                          My LiveJournal
                          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Looks as tho it's time for Mr and Mrs Spank to pay a short sharp trip to Botty Land. Not for the kid, tho, for the mother. XD
                            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                            My DeviantArt.

Comment

I just wonder about some people's priorities. So your son is now unconscious and needing 911 but you'd still rather shout at the person in the shop instead.

Reminds me of a call I took before about someone calling us to complain about their line being cut off when they went to call 999 for an ambulance. 1) Even if your line was cut off (which it wasn't), you could still call 999 and 2) Erm... CALL 999, and then call us to argue the point at a later date!

Comment

Working...
                              X