This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth KatherineB View Post
    If the shelf is on the floor, and particularly if (as happens in some shops) the books are double-shelved, it is impossible to see all of the titles without sitting on the floor. A chair or the canes/walkers won't help in that regard.
    Same when I'm behind the kiosk scanning the cigarette tags to make out an order. There is one section of shelving underneath the counter at the Express Lane that has two rows of cigarettes and the only way I can get close enough comfortably to scan both shelves of tags all the way across is to sit on the floor.

Of course, that means I have to grab hold of the edge of the countertop to pull myself up with most of the time (there are occasions where I can get myself up pretty quick but those times are decreasing.)

Same with checking dates/rotation on bottom shelving: I keep a stack of 3-4 stepstools on my cart that I use to sit on so I can get to the product on those shelves.

Bad part of that is I still have to grab hold of an upper shelf to pull myself up b/c my lower back will get stiff.

Chronic back issues suck.
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
    X