This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jester View Post

I deal with that one often. And variations thereof. Sadly for these people, leaving their ID in their car, hotel, other purse, on the cruise ship, with their husband, in their other pants, in last night's costume, or with their guard kangaroo still doesn't change in any way Florida's law concerning alcohol purchases and proper identification.

I'd shed a tear for them if I actually gave a shit.
    As I've pointed out to guests before, I've before carded people who I was 100% convinced were definitely old enough, like at least mid to late 20s, who had turned 21 the day before... so yeah, I'm really asking for ID.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

I've done that. And I've carded people I was convinced were barely legal, or not at all, perhaps only 18....only to find out their 30th birthday had come and gone.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Been there. Done that. Carded a woman who was 42.
        "I often look at every second idiot and think, 'He needs more power.'" --Varric Tethras, Dragon Age II

Comment

I have a friend, 35 now, who still gets handed children's menus at restaurants.

As for myself, back in high school I used to buy cigarettes for my best friend because while I was 15 and she was 18, I never got carded and she always did.

Fortunately, working at a bank, most people are pleased about having their ID asked for, every time. Most.

Comment

44. Carded last month in a bar in Orlando. Turned to my 24 year old niece and said, "You're a witness!"

Boo-yah!

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Valentinian View Post
              Well... they are both comedic and delicious!
              A little bit too tough for my liking, but crocodile has an interesting flavour

Comment

I've eaten alligator, on many occasions. Never had croc.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                  only because you don't wear fugly shoes.
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                    Ever eaten kangaroo?
                    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                      only because you don't wear fugly shoes.
                      I absolutely refuse to wear those damn things. "Fugly" doesn't do their foul existence justice.

Quoth fireheart View Post
                      Ever eaten kangaroo?
                      No. Not YET.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                        I absolutely refuse to wear those damn things. "Fugly" doesn't do their foul existence justice.

No. Not YET.
                        I keep a pair of croks around for quick trips outside, with poultry waddling around crapping everywhere, and after a rain mud, I no longer go barefoot outside.

I am considering when we finally move out of Connecticut I will fence off the yard around the house and make it off limits to farm critters - I really miss being able to wander around outside without dancing around animal crap.

ANd I would love to try kangaroo - and I know it can be farmed, but I can not imagine having roos hopping around and people finding out they are meat critters - it is bad enough raising cute critters like lambs, bunnies and donkeys.
                        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

A friend of mine made the mistake one time of posting a picture of an adorable, cute little piglet on facebook, with the caption, "Can you imagine eating this little guy?"

I responded simply, "Yes." I was not alone.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                            A friend of mine made the mistake one time of posting a picture of an adorable, cute little piglet on facebook, with the caption, "Can you imagine eating this little guy?"

I responded simply, "Yes." I was not alone.
                            Mmmmm.... crackling!

Also, if you ever do get the chance to try kangaroo, go for it.

Comment

this comes to mind....

Comment

I got the Wenceslas joke immediately, and groaned in my mind. And then started trying to come up with a 'feast of Stephen' expansion of the pun.

As for kangaroo: I can easily imagine a skilled enough animal trainer developing a guard kangaroo. I believe I've mentioned that I have a small scar on my shoulder from a kangaroo that wanted my sandwich.
                                Those claws are hard, sharp, and very, very suitable for attack or defence. And that's just the front paws. I shudder at the thought of what their hind paws could do to a human. They can balance on their tail, clutch at an opponent with their forepaws, and rake (like a cat does) with those overmuscled hindquarters.

Kangaroos are not - yet - domesticated animals; so our kangaroo farmers are really doing experimental work. There's been several decades of it, and they're starting to develop domestic breeds rather than tamed wild breeds. It's going to be decades or centuries of work to do it properly, but that was the case with cats and dogs and chickens and cows etc anyway.

Kangaroo pastures do a LOT less damage to our (Aussieland's) environment than cattle, sheep or pig pastures do. For a while, the chain grocery we use had kangaroo meat available at a comparable price to the other meats; and we ate a lot of kangaroo.
                                It is a very rich-tasting meat, and takes a bit of experimentation to tweak existing recipes to make them taste right with it. I'd recommend starting with beef recipes, but doing taste tests as you go.

As for the 'cuteness' factor: I eat sheep, pig, cow and chicken. It would be hypocritical of me to refuse to eat kangaroo because they're 'cute'.
                                Seshat's self-help guide:
                                1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                                2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                                3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                                4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
                                X