This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ice cream suck

So our largest icecream cooler went out. Hours and hours ago.

Most people understand, no cool, no freeze, no icecream. All the icy goodness was pulled as it was no longer good. The freezers are getting to temp but.... Every few minutes someone will come to the self check and demand to know where the ice cream is.

I am busy helping people and they will block me from doing my job to scream at me. Never mind the 2 assistants and store manager over actually working on the problem. They need to yell at me because some how that will help the situation.

I am the lowest person on the totem pole. I only work on the registers. The only reason I even knew the freezers were down was because the go backs would have to be trashed.

They are perfectly sweet to the managers but come and scream at me. I offer to get them a manager and they say they already talked to them.

This isn't one or 2 people. This is a good dozen in an hour.

What makes them think that screaming at you is going to make you go like Harry Potter & have you drag out your wand & make ice cream suddenly appear?

Comment

My brain broke.

They already talked to the person in charge and he/she said "Nope, no ice cream today!" So they think yelling at the person lower down will magically make frozen yumminess appear?

Opposite-World is a fun game to play in the schoolyard... apparently some SC's confuse it with real life.

Comment

You know, I thought that you were MEANT to suck icecream...am I missing something here?
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Aislin View Post
          They are perfectly sweet to the managers but come and scream at me. I offer to get them a manager and they say they already talked to them.
          "Then you already know what is going on! So why are you yelling at me?!" My brain filter is already dangerously on overload, it's going to break one of these days and some idiot is going to get the scolding he/she desperately deserves.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

My guess is that, having already been given the answer to their question, they are still angry, and want someone to take it out on who is unlikely to call them out on their shit.
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

What EricKei said. And, me being me, would come back at them with "I don't get paid enough to listen to your screaming. Go scream at the manager. S/He gets paid to put up with that shit." Then turn my back on them and walk away. And heaven, hell, purgatory and limbo help the person that decides to get offended that I cut them off and try to lay hands on me.
              You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Unfortunately they just like to shout at the person at the bottom end of the totem pole... this is for many reasons. I've been yelled at before when this was clearly something my manager had done wrong... and then they speak to the manager and are as nice as pie to them. I don't get it.

Comment

I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream! (sorry couldn't help it)

Comment

Evannah - Simple - they like to delude themselves into believing that the manager either never heard them yelling, or that the manager will never find out about it. That way, they can pretend that they were all sweetness and light the whole time, and accuse their *victim* of being the rude one.
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                    X