This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAVE ME!!

The freshmen are coming! The freshmen are coming!!

Starting tomorrow at 7:30am, I will be the headless chicken, once again!

Why, oh why, can't college students read directions???
    SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
    SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

You have my sympathies. And I sincerely hope that none of the people working under you are anything like the idiot I had "helping" me in second year. (Sent me straight up the chain for something he could have fixed).

Comment

I get the students starting Monday. I figure they don't read because they expect everything to be handed to them on a platter and reading would actually require some effort! Perish the thought!

The preceding brought to you by sleep deprivation and dangerous amounts of caffeine.

Comment

Well, so far it's going well.

Only one person has had to drop off their latop (either misinstalled AV, or virus).

We aren't being bombarded... yet. :: knock on wood ::

I might just survive!

Comment

Quoth technical.angel View Post
          :: knock on wood ::!
          Freshmen heads?
          ludo ergo sum

Comment

well, I'm only up to two laptops on my bench. One is a frequent flyer who knows me very well. She's getting BSODs on a computer with a new HD. I'm not really looking forward to figuring out what's up.

The other... Sigh... Malware. I think I'm going to have to pull the HD on it and scan it that way. IF I can get my manager to sign off on the surgery.

Other than that, a lot of configuring wireless and uninstalling and installing of AVs.

I can't wait for the manager to give us the number of laptops we worked on today.

I went and to help set up two game stations today. After I got there, and spent 20 minutes on two of them, that I remembered that the network admin had turned off the NAC, so everyone could connect... so it was pointless for me to work on them. Sigh. sometimes I'm an idiot.

So, when the NAC's back up, I have on.... 5 game stations to set up. :: cries :: No, make that six. I got a call this evening from the roommate of the kid I worked on this afternoon, asking if I can get him set up to.. "Sure.. in the MORNING." "Oh, okay."

Comment

Working...
            X