Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They released the trailer for the new live-action Jem and the Holograms movie today..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They released the trailer for the new live-action Jem and the Holograms movie today..

That is all I have to say about it. It looks terrible. No Synergy, everyone apparently knows that Jerrica and Jem are the same person...
    "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

I'm not watching it. No way, no how. I loved that show too much as a kid to have a crap movie ruin my memories.

Comment

I was thinking about that last night. So, the original series ended its run in 1988, and they've done two complete reruns in the last 30 years. So their ideal watcher is somewhere in their 40s. And sure, that's fine, but not really what movie moguls want. So they corrupt the story into a coming of age thing, and get rid of the "hologram" since that is too old fashioned. And the result is probably going to be crap because it's almost inevitable.

Comment

I knew it was more-than-likely going to be bad (live-action adaptations of cartoons usually are), but it looks even worse than I thought it would.
        "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Quoth firecat88 View Post
          No Synergy, everyone apparently knows that Jerrica and Jem are the same person...
          IOW, an adaptation in name only
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
            IOW, an adaptation in name only
            Preeeeeetty much. It's a shame, because it could have been so cool.

Comment

Quoth firecat88 View Post

That is all I have to say about it. It looks terrible. No Synergy, everyone apparently knows that Jerrica and Jem are the same person...
              So would you say it's simply outrageous?
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                So would you say it's simply outrageous?
                In all the wrong ways, yes.

Comment

No way am I going to see this one. If Hasbro Studios is involved, it should be ashamed of itself.
                  cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

It looks like the kind of movie that would have been passable if it wasn't tied to a property with an established fan base. As a teen-focused drama, it may have had a small dedicated teen audience and might actually have made a little money. By slapping the Jem name all over it, it'll get a big opening weekend, bottom out the second week and then be raked over the coals for not being loyal to the source material.
                    "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

I'm not a Jem and the Holograms fan, but even I know that they completely missed the point. It's about as bad as remaking Old Yeller and calling it Adventure Time.

"What? It's got a kid and a yellow dog in it. That's close enough, right?"
                      "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Working...
                      X