This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Dear friend

About three weeks ago we lost a good man.

He was excellent at his job. Loved his family, and will be missed greatly.

"Well Shit look at all these people" (Quote from the minister at his funeral)

Joe Sweet was like his name. 6'6" 400lb Harley Davidson riding teddy bear. Seriously, this was a man who held a bicker rally to raise money for Children's Cancer fund.

Ya he was awesome to be around.

Work stories of Legend
    Joe meet his best friend at work. He was 5'8" and 160lb.

In a disagreement, the smaller guy got a stool to argue with Joe eye to eye. And that is how they became best friends.
    I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

So I got a couple stories from the funeral that I thought I would share.

Joes nickname was "Tink".
    Works in a machine shop, works on his motorcycle, Tinker makes sense. Strange, we never called him that. I wonder why?
    "Tink" was short for Tinkerbell. Yep 6'6" 400lb Harley Davidson riding man.

How did he get that nickname?

He was with some of his (male) friends (alcohol was involved) and his (male) friend had a stripper pole. 6'6" 400lb, the pole did not hold and was sadly (and hilariously) flattened.

If you are reading this in Heaven Joe. I am not responsible for posting this, the Devil made me do it!!!
    (Joe will get that joke. Everyone else, PM me on Fratching and I will explain it there.)

In other news, the local bikers are still active. I heard they will get a charity event going to raise money for Children with Cancer. Joe had lost his granddaughter last year, so this charity was always his pet project.

They are a great group of people. I worked with them when the Moving Vietnam Wall memorial came through town. I love bikers.
    Last edited by EricKei; 05-16-2015, 02:20 PM. Reason: merged consecutive posts
    I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

I love what so many bikers are doing for sexually abused children - acting as bodyguards for them, and going to court so the kids (who have to face their abusers in court) can see their big friends dwarfing the abuser. "We are stronger than their monsters" is the slogan.

Comment

Bikers generally are really good people. They know they're big and tough, don't have to prove anything to anyone, so they can let their sensitive side show. And a lot of them are quite willing to stand up for those who can't defend themselves: the Patriot Guard riders defending mourning families against the Westboro Baptist Church come to mind.

When I worked at the Drug Store From Hell, the bikers were among the few customers who treated me like a fellow human being rather than scum on the customers' shoes. I was always happy to see them.

My sympathy and condolences to Mr. Sweet's family.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I <3 bikers. They are some of the most awesome people in the world.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

condolences to you & to his family Gil

But know this, a great reward awaited him & that when your time to meet the Lord comes, Joe will be waiting for you with open arms

No goodbyes, just good memories...until we meet again
            "Much butthurt I sense in you, cry like a bitch you should"

Comment

He sounds awesome. Warm fuzzies to all affected.
              1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
              -----
              http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Working...
              X