Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your favorite song attached to a memory?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your favorite song attached to a memory?

I'm just curious. Mine's "September" by Daughtry, I went to a camp one summer and had the time of my life. I fell in love for the first time and while we were never officially together, ten years and 2,000 miles later he's still my best friend. Those were the happiest three weeks of my life, and there have been very few events since then that have measured up.
    The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

"Let Me Call You Sweetheart" - am I dating myself or what?? My grandmother used to sing this to me to get me to sleep when I was 3 or 4 years old. It's one of my very first memories.

Comment

"tucker's daughter" by Ian Moss and "Eternal flame" by the bangles. We sang them on the bus on the way to a choir competition. We were a small choir of less than 20 girls and a pretty tight group.

"you are my sunshine" It is my first memory. I'm probably drifting off to sleep. All I can remember the rocking and the sound of mum singing.
      Last edited by dawnfire; 05-16-2015, 10:17 AM.

Comment

You Are My Sunshine is mine too. My grandmother used to sing it to me when I was a kid. I can no longer listen to it though because I sang it to her while holding her hand as she lay dying. It makes me cry now.
        "Oh, the strawberries don't taste as they used to and the thighs of women have lost their clutch!"

Comment

"Everything You Want" by Vertical Horizon. I listened to it a lot during high school (and sang it LOUDLY alone in my car while delivering pizza). I enjoyed the song for the song's sake, but one day, my friend's mom pointed out that the girls I went out with would eventually dump me for some other guy and then complain that he lacked some trait that I had or had some major flaw that I didn't, which the song sums up rather nicely. She said it should be my theme song.

I also have a strong attachment to "Nothing Ever Happens" by Del Amitri. It's the song I listen to when I'm having a sad day. There's no specific memory to go along with that one, though.
          I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
          - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
          - IPF

Comment

Strangely, it is Lisa Lisa's "Head to Toe". I broke my arm to that song. Not a fun thing, but a great story!
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

This'll probably sound strange, but pretty much anything by Spin Doctors, especially 'What Time Is It', takes me back to when I lived in Washington. My parents, sister, and I would take trips to Seattle on summer weekends and my dad would always pop a Spin Doctors tape (which I'm pretty sure we still have somewhere) into the cassette player.

(As an aside, there was a place in downtown Seattle that I've long since forgotten the name of that had *the* best cinnamon rolls I've ever had)
              Last edited by firecat88; 05-18-2015, 11:32 PM.
              "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Working...
              X