This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hate it when vacation ends

After a pretty decent week off, in which I slept late, hung out at the coffee shop, got some writing done, got my hair cut, renewed my ID, took care of some medical stuff, and just generally slacked off , I now have to return to work. *sigh*

Wondering how many minutes it will be after I reach my desk before "Betty" hits me with a long, rambling, disjointed email about how somebody said something mean to her last week.

Hell, who am I kidding? There are probably at least three emails waiting for me already... which is why I rarely check work email from home.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Quoth MoonCat View Post
    Hell, who am I kidding? There are probably at least three emails waiting for me already
    Only Yes, the worst part of vacation is going back to work.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Turned out there WERE 3 emails but she only copied me in on something she sent to a manager about something that's a legitimate concern. But hey, it's only Monday...give her time.

Of course, I nearly went all Dick Cheney on "Wanda" because she waited until 2:45 to let us know she was leaving at 3:00 for a medical appt., leaving all of TWO of us on the phone - and I had put off my break because calls were on hold. Did Wanda wait until I came back from break? No, she did not. She left at 3:00, which is the first time in the 35+ years I've known her that she actually left at the time she said she would. Normally if she says "leaving at 3" she means "leaving sometime between 3 and 4, I'll decide when I feel like it."
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
      X