This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F___ YOU TOO

Someone stole one of my BRAND NEW potted roses from my front lawn last night during the wee hours of the morning.

()^&*&**(%&(&*^&*^&*^&( I guess someone wanted a really cheap and easy Mother's Days present for their Mother.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

This sort of thing makes me want to make some sort of insert that would go into the potting soil, where it wouldn't be found unless you repot the plant. Make it metal, Aluminium or Copper, probably, and then emboss a message along the lines of "We hope you enjoyed your stolen plant".

Imagine the trouble sonny-boy would be in when mommy dearest discovers he stole her lovely present?

Comment

Quoth BearLeeBadenaugh View Post
      This sort of thing makes me want to make some sort of insert that would go into the potting soil, where it wouldn't be found unless you repot the plant. Make it metal, Aluminium or Copper, probably, and then emboss a message along the lines of "We hope you enjoyed your stolen plant".

Imagine the trouble sonny-boy would be in when mommy dearest discovers he stole her lovely present?
      Not certain she would care...with some people this kind of thing is a way of life. But this is why I don't want to put potted plants where anyone can reach them. We've had a couple of small decorative items stolen from our back yard so now most of our plants are on the upstairs porch.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Doesn't even matter if they're potted or planted into the ground. Back when we lived in Phoenix, someone cut all the roses off my rosebushes. One day they were all blooming, the next, nothing but broken and cut stems where the flowers used to be.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
          Doesn't even matter if they're potted or planted into the ground. Back when we lived in Phoenix, someone cut all the roses off my rosebushes. One day they were all blooming, the next, nothing but broken and cut stems where the flowers used to be.

I don't know why I'm surprised, though. There's a big park in town with a rose garden that's always been a major thing here. One year, cops caught a couple (who were in their 60's!) who had just dug up a rose bush out of that garden. They were caught with the stolen bush, shovels, etc., in their car.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Someone stole a burlap covered fox decoration from under my window one night so we bought another, changed where my decorations went, and locked it to a stake in the ground.
            ACNL Dream Address: 5300-6013-1370

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
              Any idea where to obtain 20 gauge stainless tie wire that's been coloured the same shade of green as rose stems? Wrap it around the stems, and maybe the "Hey - free roses for my girlfriend" person won't see it until they've ruined their cutters.

I've heard that some highway departments spray newly-planted evergreens with a substance that's basically liquefied shit. In cold weather, at the side of the road, it's not noticeable. Someone decides to cut one for a Christmas tree, brings it inside where it's warm, and the scent becomes overpowering.
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I've read of people writing "stolen from the grave of...." on flags they put on tombstones. It seems to work.
                "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                  Any idea where to obtain 20 gauge stainless tie wire that's been coloured the same shade of green as rose stems? Wrap it around the stems, and maybe the "Hey - free roses for my girlfriend" person won't see it until they've ruined their cutters.
                  I know we have green floral wire at my place of work, but I don't know what gauge it is. We no longer live there, but if we ever do get a house, I'll definitely keep that in mind. Or probably just put some sort of fence around the front yard.
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I've had Halloween luminarias stolen from my front walk. I guess someone really needed orange paperbags with bats and ghosts cut out of them, black fish gravel and battery operated candles.
                    Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                      Any idea where to obtain 20 gauge stainless tie wire that's been coloured the same shade of green as rose stems?
                      20 gauge isn't heavy enough to ruin a set of cutters (ordinary scissors can cope with it, with care). You'd want 12, or maybe even 10 gauge if you can get it. Most florist shops I've been in and worked at carried green colored wire in sizes from 24 gauge to usually around 8 gauge. 8 is seriously heavy wire, hard even to bend by hand.
                      You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
                        20 gauge isn't heavy enough to ruin a set of cutters (ordinary scissors can cope with it, with care). You'd want 12, or maybe even 10 gauge if you can get it.
                        Tractor Supply has 9 gauge steel "stretching" wire. I don't know if you'd want to spend money on it *just* to protect your roses, but it can come in useful for other things as well.

Comment

Some dipshit dug a clump of Australian bluebells out of my front yard last year - and when I say 'dug' I mean they have to have brought a shovel or something.

Comment

Working...
                          X