This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scared...

About 7:05 I got a call on the house phone. I don't pick up on weekends because I don't want to talk to anybody from work - I get enough drama during the week. The message ringtone came on but when I checked there was no message - just the clicking sound of someone hanging up. The number looked familiar, though.

It was one of my two remaining elderly aunts. She never calls me. I called back - four times - no answer.

I called 9-1-1 and asked them to send someone to check on her. Maybe she just dialed wrong or something, but what if she's having a stroke or whatever, and just not thinking straight?

Keep a good thought, folks...?

ETA: She's okay. I finally got ahold of her (the cops hadn't even got out there yet). She must have called our number by mistake.
    Last edited by MoonCat; 05-11-2015, 12:49 AM.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Good thinking. For an elderly person in particular, the cops generally have no problem with going out on a "welfare checkup," and it's much better to be safe than sorry.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
    X