This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And for tonight's entertainment...

...Firefighters and cops came to the asswarts' house next door to put out the fire in their (illegal) homemade firepit with a hose, and explain to them why setting off extremely loud fireworks after midnight is a no-no.

G*ddamn idiots.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

If that happened in my neighborhood, they'd get fined heavily. The little area I'm in has a more strict fire dept. than the one in the city proper.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
      If that happened in my neighborhood, they'd get fined heavily. The little area I'm in has a more strict fire dept. than the one in the city proper.
      Same in the city I'm in - last idiot that tried to burn leaves in their backyard got the FD called on them b/c of the following:

1) NO burning trash/leaves/wood/etc outside in the city limits

2) Fire was in the backyard NOT CONTAINED and looked as if it were going to spread to the back of the house - or either one or both of the houses on either side of it.

3) It had just been raining and was windy that day

Mom rode down there in her chair and watched the lady argue w/one of the firefighters over the matter. Guess who won that argument?
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Guy down the street had his garage catch on fire a couple of years ago due to sparks from an unattended pit fire. His wife wasn't home, I hear, so I wonder how bad it was when she drove up to the scene.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

City doesn't allow wood-burning fire pits. You can burn charcoal but not wood. Plus they were firing off M-80's or something else really loud. First one that went off, I thought something had caught fire from being too close to the fire pit.

This is NOT the first time they've been warned about this. Did I mention they're idiots?

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
            City doesn't allow wood-burning fire pits. You can burn charcoal but not wood. Plus they were firing off M-80's or something else really loud. First one that went off, I thought something had caught fire from being too close to the fire pit.

This is NOT the first time they've been warned about this. Did I mention they're idiots?
            Actually they sound more like a disaster looking for a place to happen!

They'll screw up again . . . all you can do is your civic duty as a concerned neighbor and call the appropriate folks out (911) and let the law work.

They'll probably have to get so many chances before the fines/court appearances start. If they are renting their property, you can find out who the owner of the property is and contact them to let them know what their tenants are doing. Chances are what they're doing may not be allowed in their lease.

We also had a group of neighbors behind us who not only used the detatched garage as a side business (every neighborhood neeeds a good mechanic) but when it got to the point where they were racing cars through the neighborhood . . .

911 Dispatch got two very angry calls within minutes of each other one afternoon - one from me after seeing one of the vehicles almost lose it coming around the corner and fishtailing w/the front end of the car pointed straight at my front yard

The 2nd phone call they got was from my Mom on her cell phone, as she was around the corner, having to duck into a neighbor's driveway w/her electric wheelchair to keep from getting run over as the cars were peeling out of the garage and into the road!

Two officers showed up a few minutes later, we showed them the black trail of burned rubber on the side road and gave them the street number for the house - it wasn't hard to find.

Short time later, they came back and said they had talked w/them and if they started their racing again, call back.

Not long after that, the guy's wife showed up in our yard, making threats toward Mom because of the 911 call.

Let me get this straight: my Mom, who is disabled and in a wheelchair, is nearly run over by your hubs and his buddies b/c they are racing cars (which is ILLEGAL) so yes, Mom had the right to call 911 as she felt her safety was in danger. YOU have no right coming up here telling her she has no business calling 911 b/c you're more worried about the fact that your hubs is running a shop out of the garage.

She's lucky she walked out of our yard intact. And they didnt' live in their house much longer.

Turned out the guy who runs the realty company that handles our property also handles some properties for the guy who owned this house the troublemakers lived in, so he knew how to get hold of the owner. Mom gave the realty office a call, the boss there in turn called the owner to let them know what their tenants were up to.

They were gone w/in 4 months after that (maybe 3.)
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Unfortunately, Princess Bitchface owns the house. Bought it from mumsy and daddy for less than it would go for on the market. Beats me as to how, as she only works part time and baby daddy doesn't work at all....of course, that burglar 2 years ago who mysteriously "lost" a pile of little packs of cocaine when he ran off may be a clue as to where their money comes from...But I have no proof.

I keep praying that the cop who lives on their other side will one day notice shenanigans on their part that will result in the perp walk for them...which I fully intend to film, set to the Bad Boys song, and post on Youtube when it happens.

Comment

In my state a fire and fireworks would get you ripped a new one by all neighbors and firemen and likely thrown in jail. We are experiencing a serious drought and the majority of us have a healthy fear of fire season with very good reason. Let me put it this way I live 20min-30min from my parents and a few years ago we were evacuating from the same fire and that's to say nothing of the other 5 or 6 smaller fires in every other direction. To sum up sparks, uncontrolled fire, tiny bit of burning ash = BAD. Combine that with stoopid and yikes.

Comment

If we were in a rural area it would probably be allowed - but we're in the city and it's not.

And yesterday it looked like the pit was once again filled with wood and ready to go. I don't think they actually lit it, though. They were too busy screaming at the kids who were screaming right back.

Comment

Working...
                  X