X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Key West Question

http://koa.com/campgrounds/sugarloaf-key/

Was wondering if anybody has ever rented an airstream here?

Hubby and I want to hit Key West in Feb or March, and I was thinking this would be a nice break from regular hotels ...
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

I'll be checkin' on your thread here AD,just recently the missus & I have talked about visitin' the Keys next summer,maybe renting an RV ourselves & driving around the islands.
    Any info from y'all that live or vacation there would be nice right AD?
    "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth Frantic Freddie View Post
      I'll be checkin' on your thread here AD,just recently the missus & I have talked about visitin' the Keys next summer,maybe renting an RV ourselves & driving around the islands.
      Any info from y'all that live or vacation there would be nice right AD?
      The airstreams are permanently parked there ... not meant to be hitched up and hauled.

Just in case ...
      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

My parents were never fond of KOA. They are seniors in a motor home and KOA is geared towards kids/families. They can be rather noisy.

Which also leaves me wonder what kind of shape the rentals might be in. Just speculating...

Freddie,
        There are lots of places were you can rent a travel trailer or motor home. Nice part of renting locally is that you can inspect it before you take it. If you are not familiar with RVs, I would recommend a couple of short local trips as a "shake down."

In popular locations like the Keys, camp grounds can fill up fast. You may need to make your reservations 6 months or more in advance.
        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
        Save the Ales!
        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

How has Jester not seen this thread and responded to it?
          Quote Dalesys:
          ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Working...
          X