This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cake After People

So Life After People was brought up (by me...) in a PFB thread on a complaint to The History Channel. And today I found this:

http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/2010/...er-people.html

I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

And that is why my emergency shelter is stocked with Twinkies.
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
      And that is why my emergency shelter is stocked with Twinkies.
      Nononono. you want fruitcake!

(swear to god, apparently it's composition is such a good preservative, that assuming the packaging isn't penetrated, it can last decades.)
      I AM the evil bastard!
      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
        Nononono. you want fruitcake!

(swear to god, apparently it's composition is such a good preservative, that assuming the packaging isn't penetrated, it can last decades.)
        They actually used fruitcake in a Life After People episode: In the episode "Holiday Hell"

Vacation destinations and holiday treasures are featured in this episode; fireworks factories explode with no people to see the event, sand inside the Silver Bullet roller coaster is the key to its destruction, while fruitcake lasts for over 130 years. Domesticated reindeer join herds of wild caribou, only to be devoured by wolves. Lions escape the San Diego Wild Animal Park and fill the ecological role American Lions once had. Nearby Palm Springs is consumed by the desert, its aerial tramway suffers catastrophic failure, and its wind turbines shatter. In Detroit, Aldrige's Always Christmas store witnesses a not-so-jolly scene as power goes out, and domesticated turkeys die off while their wild relatives live on. This episode also examines the Salton Sea, where parts of a former resort town were abandoned over the last 40 years.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aks6CNEwNtU
        Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 12-31-2010, 03:59 PM.
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
        X