X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Note To Shoplifters...

http://worklols.com/post/2166821466/note-to-shoplifters

Here's a sign I thought might amuse everyone here.

My bad, but what is Dexter?

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
      My bad, but what is Dexter?
      One of the best shows on TV (showtime) IMHO. I've been having Dexter withdrawls since the season finale.

Comment

OK, I don't have cable so that explains that... Thanks.

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
          I don't ether. Well, I don't have showtime anyway. My friends do. They love Dexter. They talk about it all the time.

I might watch the few episodes that have John Lithgow in it, because I love him, but it doesn't sound very intresting to me anyway.

Then again, I'm very unusal in what I like to watch.
          Military Spouse Support.
          http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
          Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
            Dexter is a vigilante. He goes after people who have done some pretty nasty things like rape, brutal murders, etc. The catch is when he finds those scum, he doesn't capture them and turn them over to the police. Oh no, his definition of justice is to ensure that not only can the criminal not do it again, but to make sure they understand exactly what their victim went through. To that end, he has come up with some very creative ways to ensure that the last moments of the scum's life is as painful as possible before they finally die, and executed with the cold, clinical precision one would place on Hannibal Lecter or Charles Manson.
            I AM the evil bastard!
            A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

whenever i hear about dexter i imagine all of that torture being done by...

THIS dexter

Comment

Quoth evillebee View Post
                One of the best shows on TV (showtime) IMHO. I've been having Dexter withdrawls since the season finale.
                Me too....OMG I can't wait till season six...
                I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

They used to film that series down the street from me, as one house was used as his wife's house before he married her.

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                    Dexter is a vigilante. He goes after people who have done some pretty nasty things like rape, brutal murders, etc. The catch is when he finds those scum, he doesn't capture them and turn them over to the police. Oh no, his definition of justice is to ensure that not only can the criminal not do it again, but to make sure they understand exactly what their victim went through. To that end, he has come up with some very creative ways to ensure that the last moments of the scum's life is as painful as possible before they finally die, and executed with the cold, clinical precision one would place on Hannibal Lecter or Charles Manson.
                    He even has a code that ensures that he only kills people such as murderers-although it can leave some pretty good ethical questions for instance, one of the earlier ones involved a nurse deliberately overdosing her patients because she believed they would be freed from pain. Although I find his uh "trophies" to be less creepy than some serial killers-he takes some blood from just under their cheek and puts it on a slide.

They're putting Dexter on Channel Eleven this year in Australia and I'm now intrigued.

(Quick explanation for Australian TV for the non-Aussie folk: Australian TV is divided into free-to-air and pay-TV. Free-to-air consists of five main channels and a heap of other "branches". The main channels are: Channel 7, 9 and 10 (all commercially funded), ABC (government funded) and SBS (half-government funded, half commercial, but is the more "international" channel of the five). The digital branches are: Channels 7two and 7mate (channel 7), Go and Gem (Channel 9), One (sports) and Eleven (the "younger" channel 10) (channel 10), ABC 2 and ABC 3 (the latter is kids only), (ABC) and then there's some country TV channels but not sure of those)
                    Last edited by fireheart; 01-06-2011, 05:01 AM.
                    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
                    X