This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth IlovemyGeek View Post
    Do you get the people who will swear on their mother's grave that their ISP is Outlook. LOL
    Yes, I have had those. I have also had the ones that will say, "What do you mean I have XYZ as my internet provider? I thought Internet Explorer was that."

Comment

How long is your annual subscription for it does not say?
      I got that taking phone applications for various credit cards.

Me: What is your approximate annual income, before taxes?
      Caller: About $1800.
      Me: Eighteen hundred a year?
      Caller: No, a month! You asked for annual, I gave you annual!
      Me: My mistake. I meant yearly.

Ugh.
      I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
      - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
      - IPF

Comment

Like the customer I had who couldn't decipher between Windows Mail on her computer, our website based email client, and who her ISP was. I took the long route and had some fun with her. Acted like I was confused on what she was using as well.

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post
          "I was told to dial nine-eleven for emergencies, but I can't find my eleven key"

"The phone number says five-five-five ROOF, but can't figure out why the zero on my phone is not going through."
          but could they fine the ANY key?

you know it had to be said....
          I used to be disgusted... Now I'm just amused

Comment

Quoth ta2ooed1 View Post
            but could they fine the ANY key?

you know it had to be said....

And there are so many ANY keys to choose from. Kind of like the friend my dad used to work with who wanted to know how they cooked the "eggs any style" in one restaurant.

Comment

Do you get the people who will swear on their mother's grave that their ISP is Outlook. LOL
              I had another one similar to this, but her problem was she did not know how to even use a keyboard. Never in her life had this woman ever typed a document, an e-mail, nothing. I think it may have been one of the more painful set ups I've assisted a customer on. When I helped her with the DUN set up, we got to her putting in her username, and it took ten minutes for her to do it right. Her name was fine, right up until she got to entering the domain, the @xxx.com, part. First, she kept getting 2 in place of the @ because she didn't know about using the SHIFT keys. And when I told her how to do it, she would only press SHIFT, release it, then press 2. "I still keep getting 2 on there!" Then she held SHIFT down, but at the same time, kept the @ sign down, causing her to put a zillion @ signs on the username. Ugh! To add insult to injury, when I came back from lunch a day after this, I found a note on my desk asking for a call back. NOOOOOOOOOO! But, it was my duty to call back, and when I did, thank God all she had was a compliment for helping her the day before. Yes, by miracle, even though she did not know how to use a computer, she obviously did everything correctly the first time around!

Comment

Where I work, if a caller is asking for a call back from the previous person that only flies if that individual has an open inquiry on file contract. If I don't have an open inquiry then I never got that note asking me to call the customer back.... maybe that's harsh, but I would never get anything done otherwise!
                Everything sucks. I must be living in a vacuum.

Comment

To quote the rabbit in ILoveMyGeek's avatar "GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHH!"
                  Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Comment

Working...
                  X