This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not asking, I'm telling

Dear god... **cries** This one about drove me insane.

Idiot calls to activate her card

Me: "Thank you for calling, this is Khana, how can I help you?"

Idiot: "I'm calling to activate my X card"

Me: "I can help you with that..."

-I get the basic ID, name, etc

Me: "And are you enrolled in any government, state or federally funded medical or prescription benefit program? That includes Medicare, Medicaid, Medigap, VA, DOD, and Tricare."

Idiot: "I have Medicare."

Me: "I do apologize, Ma'am, but since you have medicare, that means you're not eligible for the card."

Idiot: "No it doesn't."

Me: *slightly confused at this point* "Ah, Ma'am, per our guidelines, if you have any state or federal insurance, that means you do not qualify for this card."

Idiot: "I don't have any state or federal insurance."

Me: "Medicare is federal insurance. You said you have Medicare. So, since you have medicare, you are not eligible."

Idiot: "That's not correct."

Me: *pauses momentarily* "Ma'am, I mean no offense, but I wasn't asking you, I was telling you what our guidelines are. Our guidelines state that if you have Medicare, you are not eligible. You have medicare, so you are not eligible."

Idiot: "No. My doctor gave me this card."

Me: "Ma'am, your doctor was wrong. You are NOT ELIGIBLE for this program. You can throw the card away, shred it, give it away, whatever, you're not eligible."

Idiot: "So can I use the card now at the pharmacy?"

Me: "No. *speaks slowly* You are not eligible."

Idiot: *suddenly all nice and sweet* "Oh, ok! That's good to know! Well, thank you anyway." *click*

Me: *confused*

This is only the beginning, she was so sweet at the end of that call, but she is still going to go to the pharmacy and try to use it, then she will berate the poor pharmacist into calling you guys back when it doesn't work. Then she will call again and likely try the "FIIIIIIIIIXXXXXXXXXED INNNNCCCOOOOOOOOME!!!" excuse to get you to let her sign up for it.

This is only the start of a very painful SC for you and your coworkers. Brace yourself!
    The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Banrion, that certainly was a quick quote yank!

QC is right up there with Jennie when it comes to webcomics
      I used to be disgusted... Now I'm just amused

Comment

people just don't listen do they?
        "If all else fails...blame the dog"

Comment

I work with children, so I would have asked her if her 'listening ears' were screwed on tight and turned on...

Yeah, it becomes part of your vocabulary after awhile.
          Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.

Proverbs 22:6

Comment

She's gonna call back, get someone else, and know better than to admit to medicare this time.
            ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Quoth ta2ooed1 View Post

Banrion, that certainly was a quick quote yank!

QC is right up there with Jennie when it comes to webcomics
              Yep, I loved that line, and they were at the same table at the Boston Convention this weekend, made for an easy day.
              The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

10 bucks says that she goes to a pharmacy and tries to use it and then tell them that YOU said it was useable.

Comment

Quoth Banrion View Post
                  Yep, I loved that line, and they were at the same table at the Boston Convention this weekend, made for an easy day.
                  *cry* I wanted to go, but by the time Jeph announced he was actually going, it was like Thursday..... I'd have needed at least a week's notice to get my butt that far from home (I'm all for road-tripping, but it's a new car, and I'd have wanted to change the oil first).
                  GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Working...
                  X