Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This seems legit. Possible new phone scam.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This seems legit. Possible new phone scam.

Posting this just in case. Everyone please beware. It's from a legit source, so I'm assuming there's some veracity to it.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/perso...mLp?li=BBnbfcL

TL;DR:

If someone calls you up and asks you "Can you hear me?" or any other type of question that could result in a "Yes" response, it might be a scam.
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Thanks for the heads-up; I'd never heard of that one before. Yet another reason for me to continue my practice of letting the answering machine pick up ...

Although I'd be tickled to get a supposed call from the IRS. "Yes ... and? I don't live in the U.S. So what's your point?"
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

It's a good thing I never answer my phone.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I officially am not answering for unknown numbers haha except this is a problem because im waiting on calls hum guess I just wont answer that question haha. or ill say no.

Comment

Heard this story on the news this morning... the stuff these crooks keep coming with.

Whenever I get a call like that from a number I don't recognize, the first thing I say is "Who is this?"

I guess paranoia is a good thing when they're really out to get you!
          "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

I never answer my phone if I don't recognize the number anyway. If it's important, they can leave me a voicemail.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I can count on one hand how many unknown numbers in the past year had a legit reason to call. Those got an immediate callback.
              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                I never answer my phone if I don't recognize the number anyway.
                Especially during campaign season
                I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                  Especially during campaign season
                  Though it might be fun to tell them this...
                  Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                    I can count on one hand how many unknown numbers in the past year had a legit reason to call. Those got an immediate callback.
                    well I don't program my kids doctors phone numbers in my phone so theres plently of those that call with numbers im not certin of my son is special needs I see doctors everywhere lol my daughter has some needs as well and so her doctors are different as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X