X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The People's Court Puts An SC In Her Place

Link Here

Lady tries to sue for a refund, despite clearly stated store policy, and gets told "No." by the judge.

(Mods feel free to move this to a more appropriate spot.)
    "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

i couldn't watch the whole thing but that's freakin' ridiculous.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

She didn't even have her receipt.
      She got an answer repeatedly, but it wasn't the answer she wanted, so she wasted court time suing???

What an annoying woman she is.
      Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

At the ends, she was all, "Well maybe I should make a sign stating my policies as a consumer!"

I think that is a great idea. That way if she ever walks into a business, the merchant can immediately be alerted of her SC status. I could read her sign and be like "Sorry, we just can't work with those policies, so that means we can't serve you. Can't help you here! Bye-bye!"
        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Yeah, she was annoying and got told off on national TV - she didn't even get it.

BTW - she's going to make her own card with her own return policy on it? Did she write the book on SC?

Also, why does everyone blame the merchant for prices?
          Quote Dalesys:
          ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Good lord I want a copy of the judges final statement just to play it back at any whining SC, just so I can say "see, even a judge said it is at our discretion, and we choose not to in this case, so good bye."
            I AM the evil bastard!
            A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

I watched the entire clip, & she reminds me of several sucky customers I have had to deal with at work when Visitor parking is reserved.

The following used to get on my nerves when sucky customers did this, but now I just let them do what they want to do because at least 95% of the time the answer will be no...

the customer wants to speak to someone else or my manager because Visitor parking is reserved
              the customer calls the person they are here to see at the university & asks them to call the parking office

So I either call the parking office or the sucky customers contact person calls the parking office &....the answer 95% of the time is....no

Then the sucky customer is frustrated & mad because they wasted their time. Well...it was their choice to waste their time.

Then there are the sucky customers who ask the person they are speaking to on the phone *which is someone working at the parking office* for their name so they can file a complaint.

I have the feeling that the parking office staff does not like dealing with sucky customers like her, but I have dealt with, & will continue to deal with sucky customers like her at work. It's out of my hands at that point, & so the parking office staff has to deal with the sucky customer.
              Last edited by snugglegirl05; 01-02-2011, 04:02 PM.

Comment

The policy was displayed all over the store and she was verbally told what it was repeatedly. After that any normal person would admit defeat and choose to go somewhere which has a more agreeable policy for their textbooks. It just seems like she got the hump because she was told no, which in her mind breaches her rights as a consumer because as we all know, we can never say no to a customer.

BTW who is that judge?

Comment

Judge Marilyn Milian. Cute and smart.

I was watching the plaintiff as the verdict was announced. She started to make a catbut face.
                  Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                  Save the Ales!
                  Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEk4aBTAFEc

Woman refused to read the signs.. got nailed due to it

Comment

Oh GODS, please don't let any of the customers from Textbook Hell see this.

Pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease!!!!

*hides*

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
                        Oh GODS, please don't let any of the customers from Textbook Hell see this.

Pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease!!!!

*hides*
                        Why? They'll see that they will lose.
                        "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

I don't watch these shows much, but when they're drawn to my attention, they usually leave me rapt. My favorite stories are stories like these, when people go in thinking that they're being consumer advocates, and are suddenly surprised to realize that a court doesn't automatically outrank a business.

That having been said, here's my favorite.

I was howling with laughter. Especially when the "judgment" turned out to be what is, in my jurisdiction, the maximum amount for small claims court.

Comment

I freakin' LOVE Marilyn Milian. She rocks.

ANd Judge Judy. I still remember the first time I saw that cellphone bitch...I just don't get people.
                            Last edited by alogram; 01-03-2011, 04:56 AM.

Comment

Squee! Thank you Judge! I love that she made them deal with the stated store policy.

"She needs to speak with someone in the authority to give her the answer she wants weren't you paying attention?" yay sarcasm
                              Me to a friend: I know I'm crazy, you know I'm crazy, the zombies at the end of the world will know I'm crazy. Thus not eating my brain for fear of ingesting the crazy. It's my survival plan.

Comment

Working...
                              X