Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heh. People always demanded to see a manager at my old place to refund cigs/opened beer (Illegal) wants to return dirty magazines, etc, or even better was when they bring in stuff we don't even sell and try to return it. I always loved it when the small times I'd be working with a coworker, and some customer is trying to rip into them, and they say they'd call a manager. They pick up the store phone, dialing my number. I answer my cell phone from five feet away, and they'd say a customer is mad. I take a step to the right, and ask what's wrong to a now vien popping customer. Was it a jackass move? Likely, but I don't give a shit if you only needed two out of the three condoms and wanted to return it the other for partial credit. I don't give a shit that it was a wrong brand of cigs that you already smoked half off, I simply do not care, and will not ever refund them. I will never back down from any idiot customer trying to throw me down, or threaten my job as yeah, millions of threats on my job and I never gotten written up for any of your claims. Half the time I dial the customer complaint line and give them the phone to make their complaint. Nothing happens.

I prefer Judge Judy over Marilyn Milian, mostly because Judy tends to crush any assholes, and at the same time, even if a defendent is a scumsucker to her, if they're legally not responsible or even had nothing to do with it despite what plantif says, she is fair and just. She's great at spotting liars or scam artists.

Which is why I laughed when the other video of someone insulting her by saying "Yeah, one of my kids mom is your daughter. Totally slept with her. This may be your show but this is my episode".

I'm surprised how restrained she was.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Shoulda been Judge Wapner and Rusty the Bailiff issuing the smackdown. I'm just old-school like that.

Now git off mah lawn.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

the last time i got a book from the school store they specifically told me there was only a couple of days left to return it.

but i'm watching the video... and lol the store manager is rolling his eyes a LOT. but at least both people are being polite so far.

but i love the following comments:
        Manager: We have the ability [to override policy] but not the obligation to.
        Judge: Sometime's the answer is no.

The end-of-case comments are interesting too... mainly cos the manager shot the narrator's comments down pretty hard, while remaining very professional:

Narrator: *asks why they didn't make an exception*
        Manager: We get a lot of people asking to be the exception. If we did it for one person we'd have to do it for everyone.

Narrator: *Claims the buyback prices are only $2 on a $120 book... and he wants them to be $60 back for that book instead*
        Manager: Actually half the original price is the maximum (average is one-third)
        Narrator: Yeah that's what I'm saying too. [kinda realizes he looks stupid now and passes it to the guy outside, lol]
        Last edited by PepperElf; 01-03-2011, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Quoth Ben_Who View Post
          I don't watch these shows much, but when they're drawn to my attention, they usually leave me rapt. My favorite stories are stories like these, when people go in thinking that they're being consumer advocates, and are suddenly surprised to realize that a court doesn't automatically outrank a business.

That having been said, here's my favorite.

I was howling with laughter. Especially when the "judgment" turned out to be what is, in my jurisdiction, the maximum amount for small claims court.
          Those are always fun. I saw one where the person was selling a PSP box when the system was still tough to get. I make a note here, the person was selling the PSP BOX, not the system. The site specifically said in 4 different places, in various places and sizes that there was no system or anything else apart from the box. It sold for over $500. Oddly enough, I don't think anyone reported it as a scam.
          I AM the evil bastard!
          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth Sandman View Post
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEk4aBTAFEc

Woman refused to read the signs.. got nailed due to it
            ROFL. yeah good smack down on that one too.
            i mean seriously... the only thing funnier than the plaintiff's last name is the fact that she looked shocked when she didn't win. and "pain and suffering" my ass. sounds more like her was sore cos she got caught

and yeah for the "box" i saw one of those on the news.... that someone bid $1000 on what they assumed to be a gaming system, only the advert specified "This is a photo of [whatever gaming system]". yeah they bid 1K on a photo, thinking it was the gaming system... and the sale was determined to be legit too so they had to pay up.
            Last edited by PepperElf; 01-03-2011, 05:55 PM.

Comment

I have to add to my love for the Judge.

My favorite was an 18 year old college kid who was suing to get compensation for his bike, which he took to a repair shop the previous year when he was 16. The repair shop said that the bike was there for 2 years and therefore was under their policy of 'abandoned goods'. The key of the case was the young guy saying (more than once) "I was only 16 when I took the bike there... I was only 16... I was 16..."

See the problem?

He's 18... if he did it the previous year, he would have been 17.

The invoices that the repair shop had also showed that it was 2 years and not the previous year, as well.

When the judge pointed out that little discrepancy in his story, the guy looked dumbfounded.

The judge even asked the guy's mother "How much are you paying for him to go to school?"

I love Judge Milian!

"Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

I actually feel sorry for the mgr in the book store one. He looks nervous as hell (maybe even a little scared) and as much as Judge Milian talks to and jokes with the plaintiff, he's not finding any of it funny.

I have a feeling he thought he was going to lose the case and you can tell his demeanor changes when the judge actually starts to talk about the legalities and the (possible) ruling.
                Quote Dalesys:
                ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                  I actually feel sorry for the mgr in the book store one. He looks nervous as hell (maybe even a little scared) and as much as Judge Milian talks to and jokes with the plaintiff, he's not finding any of it funny.

I have a feeling he thought he was going to lose the case and you can tell his demeanor changes when the judge actually starts to talk about the legalities and the (possible) ruling.
                  I noticed that, too. Poor guy looked pretty upset until near the end there. Since he never had any direct contact with the plaintiff, I'm thinking the task was just sort of thrown on him since no one else wanted to deal with it. That has happened to me twice. I hate it because you weren't there, you're only going by what you have in front of you, which is the same stuff the judge has in front of them, and you just feel woefully unprepared. I'm sure being recorded for national television didn't help his nerves any, either.
                  Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                    Shoulda been Judge Wapner and Rusty the Bailiff issuing the smackdown. I'm just old-school like that.
                    Hell yeah. All these other TV judges are wannabes.
                    I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

I loooooove Milian. She is my favorite Judge on tv.

^_^ I love it when people get schooled on her show. This woman obviously thought she could be pushy on tv and expected the store to just cow down to her instead of having a bad rep on tv. She's probably going to be giving them more business now because of this hehe

Comment

Working...
                      X