This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just want to scream!

I had to stop seeing my psychiatrist due to not having the insurance they take (I had Blue Cross, and since they are contracted through Blue Cross, I can't even pay out of pocket to see them)

Everything was going good with him, he got me on a med that worked well after years of trying different things.

So I call the local low income mental health clinic, I had been there before when neither me nor my then husband had jobs. It takes 3 months to get in to see them, the Dr saw me, a new patient to him for a total of 1 minute and a half.. He gave me the full dose of what I was taking, even though I told him I had not been on that med since my insurance dropped because I couldn't afford the 500$ a month for it, I can afford it now because I got a Medicare supplimental insurance and the med would be 40$ a month.. But he didn't even try to start me off at the lower dose. He was more concerned about if I used drugs or drank alcohol than he was about my mental health, he asked me how I knew I was depressed and how I knew I have a personality disorder (Ummm, duh.. I was diagnosed with both of them, if he had read the mountain of paperwork I had to fill out, he'd know this.. I was actually asked by the intake person how I knew those things too). He gives me the higher doesage I was taking 3 months prior and tells me to come back in 3 months.. I broke down twice in that office, I hated it there. The therapy I need for my personality disorder wasn't going to go like I'm used to, they only offer short term therapy and had no answers when I asked what's going to happen when I need long term therapy.

So I call every other Psych Dr on the list of doctors that take my new insurance.. All but one are not accepting new pateints at all, so I call the one that is taking in new patients. He spends a grand total of 3 minutes with me, he tells me that he does not perscribe Symbyax, he doesn't know enough about it.. He then turns around and gives me a script for a anti-depressant that has been on the market for a total of 2 months.. Yeah, doesn't persrcibe Symbyax which while still considered new, it's been on the market for a couple of years, at least. Every other patient that came in is given copious amounts of Adderal and Xanax, sure he dishes out the controlled substances like candy, but won't give me a non-controlled medicine. I take the script to my pharmacy and am told my insurance won't cover it, so I go back to the Dr and tell him this.. He gives me a sample of it, I tell him I won't be able to afford the med when the sample runs out. He wants me to take it anyway and we'll find something when I come back in 2 weeks.. Ummm, it can take 6 weeks or more to see if a med is helping, why would I ytake this shit for just 2 weeks? And he says and I quote "I'm the Doctor, and you'll do as I say."... Umm, yeah, that does not fly with me. I am not going back to him.

So now I am stuck with no Psychiatrist and pretty severe PPD paired with the whole adoption thing. I am thinking about checking myself into the psych ward of the fancy hospital an hour away, the psych ward at my near by one sucks ass now.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Quoth HappyFun Ball View Post
    I am thinking about checking myself into the psych ward of the fancy hospital an hour away, the psych ward at my near by one sucks ass now.
    I don't know about the hospitals near you, but the psych hospital I did clinicals at and the psych part of my current employer have social workers who rock and are great at helping you get through the system.

I hope you're able to work things out and I'm sorry to hear it's going so poorly.

Comment

I am so sorry you have to go through that.
      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

I had some seriously ebil PPD.
        I went to the ER. Yeah. I got sent home since I wasn't a danger to myself or others. You'd have to be thisclose to killing/murder/suicide before you're admitted to psych (my OBGYN and I were pretty pissed about that)
        I then got hooked up w/ a psych doc by the OBGYN, she did smore fishing for me.
        Went to see that psych doc. She and I went over the symptoms, she told me yeah, you got it, let's see what we can do. she and I decided about what drugs to treat me with. I was warned about side effects.
        After that kind of started me on the upswing, I did some more drug changes. It's taken me over 6 months MINIMUM to get thru the PPD. And worse, the PPD let the underlying bi-polar through (that's my issue).

So. Call your adoption services. GET them to help you find your help. Call your own OBGYN doc, they might know someone who can.
        Try this: http://www.postpartum.net/

Good luck. I know how much it sucks..it's more than donkey ball suck.
        In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
        She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Working...
        X