Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tipping a cabbie in Australia is funny. I live in a rural town so my cab fares are pretty small, say 7-8 bucks a trip so I tend to give them 10-15 and tell them to keep the change. Seven out of ten times they refuse it and they are sweet about rounding down to the nearest dollar. I always make sure I have small notes for them. It's not uncommon for people here to have running open tabs with the cabbies for convenience. We have a fairly large retirement community and it's easier for them to pay for taxi fares on payday rather than when they use the taxi. They are lovely.

Comment

Eep! so many comments, that'll teach me for looking away for a few days

Zaiida brings up something interesting that I have a story or two to tell on, the running tabs. We have had a lot of difficulty surrounding these lately with people abusing the system, refusing to pay and trying to lie and weasel their way out of the fair. As a company we never set up a system for running tabs, but because the owner of the service 15 years ago did it, people somehow assume that we allow it too. Under certain circumstances we did allow it, but...

Ah, but those are stories for another time (Sunday for example). I will say that justice can be sweet, and that annoying the police never pays.

as for the bucket of water, yeah. It's a devil to clean out of the cars. have to remember the trick about the rate though

Comment

Working...
      X