This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is it with hotels lately????

AHHHHH yes fun weekend when a 4 day Mouse Ears event plays at the local ice area combined with an unexpected day off from school mixed in with a youth sporting event and you get

Hotel Drunks from hell

Drunk the First

"Customer" calls in a order for a hotel. Customer states that they are at the StarLIghtStarBright hotel room 207. Order get made and I get dispatched on the delivery. I look at the ticket -- notice the name of the hotel and the room number. Now this particular hotel ONLY has room numbers from 11 - 34 (sort of a flop house type lower lower end one-story property). No way does Room 207 exist.

Delivery gets put back onto the rack and back in the rotation until the "customer" calls back to confirm the correct hotel.

When the call does come (90 minutes later) in the MOD takes the call. She queries the customer as to the hotel they are at. IT seems they do NOT really know where they are but manage to "find" out. One of the problems it seems is that there is a LOUD party going on in the background and the caller is, shall we say, not feeling much pain.

again I get the delivery. I arrive at the "new" location and proceed to the room number and knock. a very surprised man answers the door and I can tell this is not going to end well. I asked if he ordered from <my pizza place>. Nope. Ok sorry for bothering you.

The revelers never called back

Drunk Idiot the Second

The initial call took 3 different people JUST to get a valid address from this one. The server took the initial call and could NOT understand the caller. She said he had a VERY thick accent making it very difficult to even understand what he was saying. The MOD gets on the phone and tries to get a phone number. again the thick accent makes it hard for her to understand. since I have enough experience understand and decipering crazy accents they put me on the line.

I finally manage to get a phone number. The now 1- minute ordeal continues. I try to get an address. The guy gives me an address and even SPELLS the street name -- 5694 Marena Court. hmmmm not an street in our area and the address range is a bit funny as well. I ask him what the nearest major corss street is and he gives me the street name where my pizza place resides. NOPE there is NO Marena Court on that street and I tell him that fact. He INSISTS that this Marena Court is right off pizza place street. I ask him again about the nearest major street. he starts talking about something and mentions that they are near the Cloud Motel. It dawns on me that he means Marina Lane which is a short street near the Cloud Hotel and only has maybe 4 residences on it (we rarely get orders from this street maybe once every 6 months) and I do know were it is. about 1 1/2 miles from pizza place street. Now the address range throws me off as I know now that the range is 400 - 500.

Fine whatever I fake the address and continue

and the ordeal continues further. The guy wants to use a CC to pay for the order. after giving me the number I process it. It comes back DECLINED. We go round and round for a few minutes and they decide to pay cash.

I knew this was going to be a "fun delivery" but I did not get it. The driver who did gets a $100 bill popped on him for a $40 order. NO GO as our drivers do not carry that much change. They NOW want him to try the CC AGAIN. NOPE still delcined. SO someone else pulls out their card and WONDER upon WONDERS it goes through.

OH and the "accent" part was just them being drunk outta their minds. I swear they guy sounded like he had a thick Middel Eastern accent but was just some drunk preppy white guy.

Bonus

I get dispatched to a near by hotel where we are required to call the customer from the lobby desk and have them pick up their order there. I arrive and call the room but no one answers. I notice a woman guest at the desk frantically talking on her cell phone but pay her now mind. Since I am about 15 minutes early makes this a usual thing.

Cue me trying to call the room several more times. again I see this same woman "ranting" on her cell phone. Now I have been waiting around for 15 minutes and I give the room one last call.. still no answer. The desk clerk is now talking to the cell phone woman and is pointing toward me.

It turns out the cellphone woman is my customer and she has been phone bombing the store "wondering why her order has not arrived yet" even though she was quoted an ETA of 15 minutes after I arrive. IT appears she was trolling the lobby wondering why her order had not arrived 30 minutes before the quoted time.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Makes me glad that delivery people don't come to our hotel
    I'm not sure which would be worse, trying to explain our numbering system to the driver (ours is kind of backwards, most places do bulding number, floor number, room number, we do floor number, building number, room number), or figuring out which room it actually is because none of our guests can seem to remember which room they are in... ever.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

A hotel that we go to a con at, until recently, had the most ass-backwards numbering system. It was effectively 2 towers, however, the floors were numbered (approximately) 1-5 in tower one and 6-10 in tower 2, with floors 3 and 7 connecting via a corridor, 6 could only be reached by going to floor 7 and going down 1 level.

Yah, we always told the delivery people we would meet them in the lobby :P

Comment

Quoth thansal View Post
        A hotel that we go to a con at, until recently, had the most ass-backwards numbering system.
        I know one hotel like that: Even people who've been doing events for 20 years there have to check the floor plans to work out where the rooms are! Yeah, the delivery companies either call a mobile on arrival or ask you to be in reception!
        Last edited by Dave1982; 02-27-2013, 07:58 PM. Reason: Please do not quote the entire post; we just read it.
        I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Quoth thansal View Post
          A hotel that we go to a con at, until recently, had the most ass-backwards numbering system. It was effectively 2 towers, however, the floors were numbered (approximately) 1-5 in tower one and 6-10 in tower 2, with floors 3 and 7 connecting via a corridor, 6 could only be reached by going to floor 7 and going down 1 level.

Yah, we always told the delivery people we would meet them in the lobby :P
          now my head hurts
          https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
          Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

The hotel was nicknamed the Escher hotel, and the corridor that connected the 2 towers was the Trans-dimensional Corridor.

They have since renumbered the 2nd tower to 10XX-14XX (or something to that ilk).

I mean, now floor 3 connects to floor 11, but it's not quite as fun anymore :P

Comment

It turns out the cellphone woman is my customer and she has been phone bombing the store
              So you showed up 15 minutes EARLY, and she's so busy ranting on the phone that.... she doesn't notice you there with the pizza uniform on?

wow. you really can't fix stupid. or entitlement either apparently.

Comment

Working...
              X