This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want my *Bleeping* Cereal!

Had some woman come through the line at about 6pm last week. She was either on something or missing a few marbles.

Lady puts her things on the belt and walks up to the cashier. Cashier does the usual pleasentries/greeting and the lady asks for the manager who is "just standing there talking" (managers where in a small meeting) and the cashier calls the manager to her register. Manager greets the lady and asks her how she can be of help. Woman goes off on a rant about how we don't have "X cereal", only "store brand X cereal" and how come we don't have "Bleepin' X cereal". Her body language was really starting to get scary at this point. She looked like she was going to beat the shit out of someone. Manager tells her we don't have it in the warehouse and that the cereal company was redoing the box design. She tells the lady that she can fill out a request form and we might be able to get some. Manager walks back to her group huddle and they resume talking.

Lady pushes her basket out of the way, walks over to them, and says sarcastically "Thank YOU for helping me!". She finishes her order and walks away muttering under her breath. We all looked at each other like

Something else that was kind of scary about the lady was that she was wearing the uniform shirt for an area school district and her ID said she was a bus driver. Imagine if one of the kids ticks her off!

Manager later said she wondered if the woman thought she was hoarding all of the cereal at her house.

Wow, all that drama for a freakin' box of cereal. Some people are nutz.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

This lends a new spin to some of those old, classic cereal commercials.

"I WANT MY FUCKIN' MAYPO!"

Don't mind me. I'm just a flake.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Maybe she was going...

...wait for it...

CUKOO FOR COCOA PUFFS!

Comment

Not defending her behavior, but it may be the kids acting up and her inability (due to rules and regulations protecting children) to have any effective control over them that may be spilling out in to the rest of her life.

The kids disrespect her, she can't do shit about it so she passes on the misery. Understandable really. Inexcusable but understandable.
          I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Quoth Ezio View Post
            Something else that was kind of scary about the lady was that she was wearing the uniform shirt for an area school district and her ID said she was a bus driver. Imagine if one of the kids ticks her off!

Manager later said she wondered if the woman thought she was hoarding all of the cereal at her house.
            So Mrs Crabtree does exist then

the end of an era is not the completion of a destiny. Momentum comes when we believe the best for the future, we keep speaking life into the future, and we commit to the future - Brian Houston

Comment

You are all far too pop-culture knowledgeable. The best three answers in the first five replies.

And yeah Mango, you've probably nailed it. I would TOTALLY drive a bus for a living - if they were always empty.

Comment

Reminds me of a cartoon I saw once that was spoofing Nut-N-Honey.

The guy is sitting at the table, and he's eating his cereal. His wife walks into the room and asks, "So, what are you eating?"

Well, the box on the table says "Nut-N-Bitch" on it...and the author left to the imagination how things went after that.
                Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth emax4 View Post
                  Maybe she was going...

...wait for it...

CUKOO FOR COCOA PUFFS!
                  Should have seen that one coming. Didn't though. Should've seen it coming.

Comment

Quoth Brojekk View Post
                    Should have seen that one coming. Didn't though. Should've seen it coming.
                    Although they were probably failed competing marketing campaigns, my other choices were "Fanatic for Fruit 'n' Fibre", "Sucky for Sugar Smacks", "Killer for King Vitamin", and "Loopy for Lucky Charms"

Comment

i always hate it when it's obvious that people are talking business... and some jerk act like you're just chatting about the latest movie or something

Comment

PE -- I have had several former bosses who acted this way, as well. Their ASSumption is that, if someone is on the clock and talking to anyone except a customer, they must not be doing anything actually useful.
                        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth emax4 View Post
                          Although they were probably failed competing marketing campaigns, my other choices were "Fanatic for Fruit 'n' Fibre", "Sucky for Sugar Smacks", "Killer for King Vitamin", and "Loopy for Lucky Charms"
                          Cheesed off for Cheerios? Rabid for Rice Krispies? Asinine for Apple Jacks?

Comment

Quoth ADeMartino View Post
                            Cheesed off for Cheerios? Rabid for Rice Krispies? Asinine for Apple Jacks?
                            Those are awesome!

Comment

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
                              Not defending her behavior, but it may be the kids acting up and her inability (due to rules and regulations protecting children) to have any effective control over them that may be spilling out in to the rest of her life.

The kids disrespect her, she can't do shit about it so she passes on the misery. Understandable really. Inexcusable but understandable.
                              Just like that one story about the bratty kids on that school bus treating that one lady like crap. Kids are sure ignorant and hateful today.

Still, that's no excuse to pass on your bitterness to employees at a store who already get enough bullcrap from customers on a daily basis. You do that, you're no better than the people you have to deal with!

Comment

Working...
                              X