This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
    Hasn't that SC learned anything from that guy who gives sermons at church? Captain Whatshisname? We live in a society of law? Why do you think he went to see those Police Academy movies? For fun? Well, I didn't hear anybody laughing!
    Where was I? Oh yeah. Stay out of my booze.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Most British petrol stations are pay at kiosk, btw, before everypony starts weighing in on the OP. The petrol station I work at has a good record when it comes to catching driveouts cuz of the whole reg recognition thingy.

Once this guy in a suit drove off without paying; he was nailed in the same day due to the fantastic description the customer behind him gave. He ended up being given community service, a fine and having to pay costs... yep, driving out was really worth it!
      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

You'd think in this day and age it wouldn't be too hard to video record the gas purchases. When the pump turns on, the camera turns on, and if there's no recorded payment for the gas at the end of the shift you forward the video to the local PD. Rinse and repeat.

Around here, though, every gas station is pay at the pump. It's just easier.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
          Most British petrol stations are pay at kiosk, btw, before everypony starts weighing in on the OP. The petrol station I work at has a good record when it comes to catching driveouts cuz of the whole reg recognition thingy.

Once this guy in a suit drove off without paying; he was nailed in the same day due to the fantastic description the customer behind him gave. He ended up being given community service, a fine and having to pay costs... yep, driving out was really worth it!
          Our place just will not consider changing. There was a petrol station from a rival supermarket that did change to pay at the pump and it was boycotted for ages and all their regulars started coming to us. We ended up running out of fuel causing cries of "but I'm nearly out of fuel!" and when we told anyone that there was a station near by the response was always "I'm not going there because it is card only"

Comment

We can't change ours cuz we rely on impulse buys etc; we actually need people to come into the kiosk and buy stuff when they pay for their fuel.
            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
            My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
            X