Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I do NOT want to hear your phone call!

Crikey, what is with people who seem to think that we want to hear what they are saying on their cell phone these days?

Me: Awesome game store manager
    SC1 and 2: Random people in the mall/store that I work at.

Me: *sitting at computer browsing CS*
    SC1: *Walks by outside my store in the mall* Ya, I was talking to my girlfriend the other day, she wants to go all the way! *said in a VERY loud voice on his phone*

Not one hour later:

Me: *sitting at computer browsing CS* (long ass day, not many customers)
    SC2: *comes into store loudly talking on phone*
    Me: /facepalm

Bonus Story

I get on the bus the other day and come across a new pet peeve of mine, this person had the speaker phone on on their cell phone so now I and the rest of the bus had to put up with his entire conversation from both ends and he wasnt quiet about it either.
    "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

sc1 - obviously has no girlfriend and is trying to make himself look better.

bonus sc - start joining in the conversation. When either one complains, you comment 'only a total idiot or someone who is inviting everyone else to join in has a conversation on speakerphone. It seems I mistook your intent and you are actually the first'

Comment

I HATE speakerphone. Especially when it's a manager listening to some longwinded tech person trying to walk said manager through some new downgra...sorry, upgrade, and they're so damn loud the entire office can hear every word...while trying to hear customers on the phone, of course.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

You should make up a story and talk loudly about the gas you had in the morning and how wet it felt, basically try to out-disgust the loud patron...

Comment

I'll use speakerphone on my cell -- when I am at HOME. With nobody else around to bother >_> Otherwise, no.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I have had friends who had amusing ways of dealing with loud speakerphone conversations. One would act like the new girlfriend of whomever was on our end and proceed to get said idiot in trouble. Usually only took two, "Honey, come back to bed... we aren't done yet!"

Another friend would proceed to critic the conversation, like a good movie reviewer would. "Dude not feeling the love there. You might want to repeat the line, only with actual feeling." My favorite was, "Not feeling her vibe on that one. Speaking of which, you might want to invest in one or see your doc about that little.. issue."

If the person took offense, well, idiot, you were having a private conversation very loudly, in a very public place. Of course, it seems that in my neck of the woods all the public speaker phone conversations are nearly X-rated in nature... (I use my speaker phone feature at home or in the car.)
            If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

even better when it's in a bathroom

Last time that happened... the employee had to explain the sounds of flushing toilets to the caller. She claimed, "no I'm not using the toilet, I'm just waiting in line." (said from inside the stall)

Although truth be told... I didn't do that to her on purpose. I was putting on a new belt when the flush-sensor started triggering and making my toilet flush. I was VERY amused though!
              Last edited by PepperElf; 02-26-2013, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Quoth emax4 View Post
                You should make up a story and talk loudly about the gas you had in the morning and how wet it felt, basically try to out-disgust the loud patron...
                my brother does this, except he doesn't make the story up
                there's some people with issues that medication, therapy or a baseball bat just can't cure

Comment

Quoth AyreBiskits View Post
                  my brother does this, except he doesn't make the story up
                  Haha, awesome! I remember while at a trade school, there was one kid who had a side business of selling Arial Phones (remember them?). One of our classes had just ended and he got a call and decided to talk in the room while everyone else was talking. One kid was messing with him and said, "Dwayne, put some pants on man!". WE thought of some other funny comebacks to deal with while he was on the phone, but most are probably too offensive for here.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                    I'll use speakerphone on my cell -- when I am at HOME. With nobody else around to bother >_> Otherwise, no.
                    Please promise me you don't call poor customer service people like me using speaker phone. Trust me, it's one of my least favorite things my customers can do.

Comment

Wiphone - No worries. ^_^ Note that I'm talking about a cell-phone's "speakerphone", not those big things that businesses keep on desks. either I have a big head, or all of the phones are too small (I suspect the latter -- Hard for me to text on most phones), as I've actually had people tell me it's easier to understand me when I'm on speaker...Probably because I hold it up near my mouth instead of shouting at the thing from arm's length
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                      X