This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Summerfly413 View Post
    Also one song has this girl singing and then making unnecessarily high pitched...squeals...is the best way i can describe them. For like 2 minutes straight.
    Would that be Lovin' You by Minnie Riperton? I always hated that song and that is a great way to describe it.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess
      Would that be Lovin' You by Minnie Riperton? I always hated that song and that is a great way to describe it.
      Now there's a song to blow up a cow to. Cookies for the reference.

Some times, for whatever reason, it's like an alternate feed of music will play over our PA, different songs than the ones I normally hear. One of these alternate songs is "Truckin'" by the Grateful Dead. I find it monumentally hilarious whenever it plays.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

To me, sadly, a lot of that music sounds great! Sometimes we get a mix, but geeze, there's a couple old, really annoying elevator songs that drive me batty!
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
          no...the song that i'm thinking of is more of a "dance mix" kind of song. i'll keep an ear out for it so i can get some words out of it

Comment

Quoth JLG View Post
            There are so many songs that I hear at work that drive me crazy. Right now this one makes me want to punch the first person I see.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2jKVJ93Dro
            Join the club . . . I'd like to not only hunt down and beat the living crap out of him, but also the person who wrote it.

Pass the Pepto-Bismol, please. I fell sick . . .
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Thanks for the lemonade....

At first I thought that was a Counting Crows song. I detest it.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                Thanks for the lemonade....

At first I thought that was a Counting Crows song. I detest it.
                And here I thought you loved me, Irv . . .

*throws rotten tomatoes and radishes*

Next person who sings that song gets a trim . . . and I don't mean their hair.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

The last permanent job I had, the store owner set the radio on KYOT in Phoenix, and they played the same songs at the same time every single day. You could set your watch by it.

They called their music "smooth jazz"* but the closest thing to a real jazz song on the playlist was Louis Armstrong's "What a Wonderful World", which played at 4:35 every afternoon (and, BTW, was the only song by a genuine jazz musician that played on that station). The brainiacs who set the playlist in concrete figured if a song has a saxophone somewhere on it, it qualified as jazz.

Seriously. Hall and Oates is pop, not jazz. Kenny G is New Age, not jazz. I don't know what the hell Michael Bolton's music is, but it's NOT JAZZ!!!

*"Smooth Jazz" being the then-current term for "Lite Rock", which replaced "Adult Contemporary", which is another term for "slow boring crap that people over 30 are supposed to listen to".
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                    I don't know what the hell Michael Bolton's music is, but it's NOT JAZZ!!!
                    It's garbage.

Comment

My work has a radio station playing over the loudpeakers. For the most part it's pretty decent (lots of '80s music on the weekends.) However on the weekdays it's Top 40

For some reason Daniel Powter's Bad Day is played every hour on the hour. Not a song I care to listen to at work.
                      My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                        *"Smooth Jazz" being the then-current term for "Lite Rock", which replaced "Adult Contemporary", which is another term for "slow boring crap that people over 30 are supposed to listen to".
                        Horse pucky! I'm well over thirty, and I've got DragonForce on rotation at this exact moment. Smooth Jazz is for people who can't handle flavoured wheat germ.
                        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                          Horse pucky! I'm well over thirty, and I've got DragonForce on rotation at this exact moment. Smooth Jazz is for people who can't handle flavoured wheat germ.
                          That's why I said "supposed to listen to", not "actually listen to". I'm more than a bit over thirty myself, listen to rock, jazz (real jazz!) and blues. Just because I've reached a certain age doesn't mean I'm going to chop off my long hair and listen to Celine Dion!
                          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                          My LiveJournal
                          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I'm 31 and mostly listen to metal.

... I do regret chopping off my hair though, it was about 1/3 down my back. Now I rock with short hair.

Comment

I still can't listen to KT Tunstall (particularly the song Black Horse), and it's been a good 3 years at least since she was in-store play (and since I've even been in the store). Now I get to listen to whatever I want on my iPod
                              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Ack. In-store music has ruined at least a couple of Heart songs for me.

Same thing with Fleetwood Mac as well. It's like MTV all over again, though this time I don't have the choice to change the channel.
                                Osoroshii kangae nimo osoware masu...

Comment

Working...
                                X