This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is a new one

I had a lady call up the convenience store I work at. She had run out of gas,
    and she was actually looking for a gas station to bring her gas. ??????????
    I was polite and talked only about the fact that all of the full service stations
    in the area closed years ago.
    Not that they delivered gas like Domino's delivers pizza either. But it gave
    me something to say rather than the obvious.
    What, exactly did she think a convenience store employee is supposed to
    do? Sally forth, leaving one person to run the store during a busy 2nd shift
    to find someone, somewhere and bring them gasoline?

CAA/AAA will bring 2 gallons of gas (basic membership covers delivery only, deluxe membership covers cost of the gas as well) as one of your allowable "incidents" for the year. Virtually any towing company will bring gas, but there would be a charge for the delivery.

Convenience stores don't have the extra staff to spare to have one person "out on the road" delivering gas, they don't have a gas can to carry it in, and they don't have a vehicle with commercial insurance to use for the delivery.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

When I worked in a convenience store that sold gas years ago, had someone come in and ask me to change their tire. I can change tires, but unless I'm paid to do it I don't.

Comment

I had someone ask me "Do you work here?" at a self-service gas station, while wearing casual clothes and filling a work van..... because they couldn't get one of the roped-off pumps to turn on.

For some people, hope just springs eternal.
        - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
          I had someone ask me "Do you work here?" at a self-service gas station, while wearing casual clothes and filling a work van..... because they couldn't get one of the roped-off pumps to turn on.

For some people, hope just springs eternal.
          Ah but it was a roped off gas pump, which means it is full service for VIP's, just like them. Hence why they wanted to use THAT pump and not any of those non-roped off pumps like peons use.

Comment

One of the things people never think about is that most new cars and many insurance polices now come with roadside assistance as well. A friend works for the local lock-poppin' franchise and he says people will sometimes call two or three different roadside-assistance providers just to see who gets there faster. (Of course, they almost all contract with his service, so the calls all get routed to him anyway - but this still strikes me as a dick move.)

I ran into a lady in a big-box-store parking lot who reminded me of the woman in the OP, she was all woe-is-meing next to her fancy-looking Lexus. She'd completely forgotten about the roadside assistance that came with her 10-month-old SUV.

Comment

Working...
            X