Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tattoos are not valid forms of ID (Long. Strong language.)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

got my first two tats sitting on my living room floor at age 15, from a professional, he was dating my sister, mom said it was fine, and he got to work-I agree with the others-they prove nothing-aside from a tolerance for pain.
    Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth LadyBarbossa View Post
      "Look at me, see my tattoo says "8-13--85!!!!"
      That's so he doesn't forget his own birthday . . . and . . . ironically . . . it's only a couple days before mine (although I'm a few years older).

Granted, I have acquired the habit of forgetting my ID at home, I don't drive and rarely need it, except for the lone time when we're, oh say, at dinner at I want alcohol . . . dammit. I guess it's soda for me then.

There was a time when we had to jump out of a long line and drive 20+ minutes back home because, lo and behold, I forgot my ID (which was required). We still made it in though, despite all the grumblings and eye rolls from my husband.

And hey, I've got a tattoo, but I don't think I'd use it as ID. I ain't takin' off my pants in the middle of a store . . . (it's on my upper THIGH . . . ).
      This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

I remember an episode of Wife Swap, where the one family was very permissive and let their kids get tats and piercings, and pretty much do whatever they want, and the other family was very, lets say, overprotective of their children. The son in the first family was turning 16 and for his birthday Dad took him to get ...something in his face pierced...I forget what it was but it was very prominent. So the whole family heads down to the tattoo parlor where they show Dad signing the permission form. The straitlaced wife was horrified.

I don't have any tats and only have my ears pierced, but hey, whatever floats your boat
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
          Around here, from what I know, you can be 14, I think, maybe 16, but you need a signed form from your parents for the place to keep on file. And who's to say that it's not a fake tat? There's some really convincing temporary ones possible.
          My tattoo artist while not tattoo anyone under the age of 18 without the consent of the child's parents--with their consent, the age limit drops to 16. I do have a story about some ass-clown from the 7-11 who thought that a sleeve of tattoo's was a valid form of ID, but I've told that a couple of times, so I won't bother. Needless to say, it was very similar to the OP--including him stroming out of the store with nothing.

And for the record, I would never use my tattoo's as a form of ID. The one on my arm might not be to bad, but I doubt ANYONE would want to see me taking of my pants to prove my age. (I have one on each thigh, not where you're thinking of, perv. )
          I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Quoth Banrion View Post
            I hope you mean henna and not hentai.
            Quoth Primer View Post
            Erm...I think you mean Henna...

Why I do believe you are both correct.....mmmm we need a smiley with egg on its face
            My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

I'm very glad that DD doesn't sell cigs.

Comment

Im exactly 5 days younger than OPs S.C.
                Just... thought I'd share that.
                Things just get so crazy living life gets hard to do. I would gladly hit the road, get up and go if I knew,that someday it would bring me back to you.

Comment

Working...
                X