This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth JustADude View Post

As you well deserved! Congrats! Any word on what they're doing about security, though?
    yep.. the doors are not to be opened for anyone at any time. which still brings in the biggest fault of a security system.. the human element
    The mere fact that we have the flamethrower means that someone, somewhere once said "You know, I'd really like to set those customers over there on fire, but don't possess the means to do it"

Comment

Kick butto mano!! Doing good there.

... I hate bullying. I hate teachers who /didnt/ see the three fuckes wbo beat that crap out of me in class, and then transfer me, rather the expel the three students.

That was the easier ones to deal with the bullying I got. I never fought back then cause I was too scared too. At work, I had to fight for my life, and its amazing how quickly I discovered that if need too, I can fight. That's why I wanted to be a police officer.
      Military Spouse Support.
      http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
      Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Quoth Mark Healey View Post
        Now days it wouldn't be too expensive to have 100% camera coverage of schools. The could then find out who the bullies are and get rid of them.
        Oddly enough, my older daughter started Junior High school. I went to the parent/student orientation, and found out that the school has 16 remote cameras running in the school.

Part of me remembers my own Junior High experiences (pretty bad) and my younger brother's experiences (with two attempted suicides... thank $DEITY he has the constitution of a draft horse!), and I think "Good!"

But another part of me considers what the future will be like with children being used to constant supervision, and I think, "Are we building Oceania?" (1984 reference).

At what point will the repercussions of the cure be as bad as the disease it was designed to fight?
        Experience is knowing how not to get your teeth kicked in - again. -- The Freethinker

"And that... entitles you to no mercy at all, no matter what." -- from Going Postal by Terry Pratchett

Comment

Quoth Thud-n-Blunder View Post
          At what point will the repercussions of the cure be as bad as the disease it was designed to fight?
          When your gut stops instinctively going "Good!" when you hear about what they're doing.
          ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
          And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

But another part of me considers what the future will be like with children being used to constant supervision, and I think, "Are we building Oceania?" (1984 reference).

I considered that as well, but the sad fact is that in many ways schools are like prisons. Those in charge see their charges an a homogeneous mass. The food sucks, The staff only do what is necessary to keep their jobs. And just like the lifers in prison the bullies have nothing to loose by picking on the other kids, since they are future ditch diggers or convicts anyway.
            Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

I loathe Bullies.
              It;s so easy to say ;ignore it, don't let it get to you' but it was EVERY DAY for eight years.

At the end of it there were certain mindsets I could understand. Especially as it only stopped when I finally snapped.

My godmother, the hugest influence on my life had died. She'd had her second brain cancer, and had refused treatment and NOT TOLD ME. She wasn't even 35 when she died, and I was very angry.

Somone told me if they were a family member they'd kill themselves.

I battered down a door to get to them.

After that, for the last few months, no-one bothered me. EVER again.

I wish I hadn't gone that far. But that's how it happens. You aren't the greatest at self-control then, and you are more easily hurt. And sometimes something just snaps in your head and you can't take it any more.
              Last edited by GingerBiscuit; 08-27-2007, 10:17 PM.
              Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

What Ginger said. When I left HS, a couple friends and I swore there was NO WAY IN HELL we were attending any reunions. Ever. Jr High was purest hell and HS was little better. The school administration blatantly favored the jocks and student government asshats (see middle aged SC's) and screwed over anyone else. I watched Columbine and promptly stunned the folks by saying "what took this so long to happen?" Unless or until school administrators are taught to handle their students in a less stupid manner, there will be bullies. And more kids snapping and turning the rage outside of themselves. The kid at Santana broke my heart. He could NOT take it anymore. I turned my anger inside myself for too long. No kids yet and no way that any child of mine will be at a state run school.

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
                  The majority of the people are the type that react by turning inward. In essence, they fall into depression and often attempt suicide.
                  That's so true; tho I'm half and half. When I was bullied, I self harmed to take the pain away, which is a symptom of inwardness, but I certainly did explode on occasion at others. Like the one incident that even today I still remember; this girl had been getting at me for years, and until that day I'd always walked away from her. One day in 3rd year, she came up to me and scratched my face with her 2 inch long fingernails, drawing blood. That to me was the last straw... and I snapped. I punched her hard in the face until she fell down, then I just completely lost it and started kicking her in the stomach and chest until a teacher ran up and dragged me off her.

No-one can understand how constant bullying for years can affect a person to this extent unless they've been thru it themselves. I was actually frightened of the extent to which I'd been provoked; it's always scary to know what you're capable of doing. In the end, I was sent to the Headmaster's office; and he refused to believe that the girl had started the fight, even tho my face was still bleeding from her claw marks. I got suspended for a week, and she got nothing. But she obviously realised she'd deserved what she'd gotten, cuz I never heard a single thing from her after that.
                  People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                  My DeviantArt.

Comment

I took *lots* of crap from people while in school. Yes, it sucked, and yes my parents did tell me to "suck it up."

Karma proved to be a bitch to most of those people. Sooner or later, they got what was coming.

For example, there was a guy in high school who loved to give me a hard time. After nearly being pushed down the stairs, I'd had enough. I didn't know it at the time, but somehow, my father found out about it, and let it slip to a friend of mine...who just happened to be on the football team. His sister was in my class, so I'd known both of them for years. Anyway, let's just say he "had a little chat" with the asshole, and took care of the problem. He and his buddies left me alone after that. The fun didn't stop there though--he got the living shit beat out of him a few months later for calling a group of black kids the N-word

Then there's the nasty girl who lived down the street. Not sure why, but I was a favorite target of hers, mainly because of my outward appearance. Fast forward 10 years, and karma kicked her ass. She's broke, still lives at home with her parents, has 3 kids with different daddies, and can't understand why no guy on the *planet* will talk to her
                    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

First of all...Congrats! I'm glad that guy got what was coming to him, and you got rewarded instead of punished! A good day for the forces fighting stupid customers :P

I was the quiet, book-worm type in highschool...so prime bully bait. Until one day. I usually just rolled my eyes at them and I really didn't care what they had to say to me. I knew that once we were out in the real world, they'd get what was coming to them eventually. But, them making fun of me was one thing. Them making fun of my friends was a completely different thing.

I'm 5 foot 4 inches tall....so..I'm a short thing. I'm not sure how tall that is in meters or anything, though. But I know I'm short. During the passing time of classes, my friend and I were walking from our lockers, and one of the Football players (Big, built, and really tall. The usual) was coming the other way. He made a comment about her being too fat to come to the dance that was coming up.

It wasn't the first time he had made a comment like that, and I have had to console my friend after each one. That was the last straw. I got up on my tippy toes, grabbed the guy by the back of the head, and slammed him face first into a locker. Well...nose first if you want to be technical.

As he cursed and held his bleeding nose, I told him that if I ever, /ever/ heard him say anything cruel to another person, I would break his leg, and make sure to end his fancy little dreams of being a pro-foot ball player. And if that didn't work, I'd make sure he wouldn't be able to knock up the cheer leaders at the prom.

It was extreme, I know. But I was so mad, I had watched that guy harass everyone. I had to watch my friend cry because of things he said. I just snapped. But the good news is, I never saw him harassing people again. And he would actually inch away from me in the hallway if we passed each other....kids took to walking with me to class a lot. >.>;
                      Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

Kyree,

Brava! That was beautifully done!

My own story is nowhere near as inspirational. I'd been having problems with this one bully, and one afternoon in high school, between classes, I was going up a stairway as he was heading down, and he made a threatening gesture.

My response was to give him a light shove down the stairs.

If you are a good boy/girl and say your prayers every night, sometimes God does come through for you, such as by letting time slow down when you see something you REALLY enjoy. And though I loathe myself now for it, I have to say that I loved all 2000 microseconds of his panicked expression as his arms flailed around... before he regained his balance.

My proudest hour it wasn't, nor is my story nearly as uplifting as the others I've seen here...
                        Experience is knowing how not to get your teeth kicked in - again. -- The Freethinker

"And that... entitles you to no mercy at all, no matter what." -- from Going Postal by Terry Pratchett

Comment

Mine's not really uplifting, so don't worry. XD Violent, maybe... it wasn't the only time I reacted with violence towards bullies, but it was the first time. After that, I started hitting back every time, with the result that I ended up having to eat lunch on my own in the deputy head's office, as well as do certain lessons there, too. I never hit a single bully without first being attacked, but I was treated as tho I was the troublemaker, and the bullies never got told off or punished in any way.
                          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Kyree View Post
                            It was extreme, I know.
                            My proudest hour it wasn't...
                            Seems to be a common trend here that we mostly regret snapping once we regain our composure, because society tells us that such actions are wrong. I did that for a long while myself but, after doing a foundation-up evaluation of my views on life when my fiancee died and I had to put myself together again pretty much from scratch, I've come to a rather strong conclusion. Namely, ANY abuser (bullies, parents, SOs, etc) deserves exactly what they get when their victim(s) finally snap, and the victim(s) deserve the satisfaction they feel at the look of shock and fear on the face(s) of their tormentor(s).

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind," only apples if, like in modern societies, you punish the one taking retribution for dealing with a situation 'proper' authority refuses to correct, instead of acknowledging their actions as the original aggressor's wyrd coming home to roost. Pretty much all of us have an instinctive knowledge of what's "Just Retribution" and what's "Too Far", and I've yet to see someone post an incident up in this thread that fell into the "Too Far" category.
                            Last edited by JustADude; 08-28-2007, 11:16 PM.
                            ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                            And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Working...
                            X