Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Even the shelving units were sucky today...*sob* (LONG)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even the shelving units were sucky today...*sob* (LONG)

*Twitch* *Twitch*

So many customers, co-workers and inanimate objects were sucky tonight that it just seemed easiest to throw them all in here.

Sucky: Customer

I dropped a large bag of laundry detergent. Whoops. No damage, though, so all is well. Or so I think.

SC is standing about THREE METRES AWAY.

SC: Omigod! What's wrong with you, that nearly hit me!
    Me: (...kinda like the bullet that killed Abraham Lincon nearly hit George W. Bush) I'm sorry?
    SC: Omigod, I can't believe that. You almost like, threw it at me!
    Me: (I was holding four bags of the bloody stuff, and one slipped) I dropped it, I assure you it was completely accidental. I'm sorry.
    SC: I can't believe this. Like, omigod... (SC then went to complain to her equally intellectual friends. Welcome to Perth, children. These are the elite.)

Sucky: Coworker

My coworkers are very good natured. However, this particular coworker is a few (dozen) watts short of a light bulb.

SCW: Hey, Nox, this customer wanted to know where the candy was!
    Me: (...what's funny about that? Did I miss the joke?) Did you tell them?
    SCW: Nox, we don't sell candy!
    Me: What are you talking about, we have a large wall stocked to the roof with confectionary!
    SCW: She wasn't asking for lollies she wanted candy. We don't have any candy.
    Me: SCW, confectionary, lollies and candy are three different words for the same thing.
    SCW: ...Huh? But we don't sell... candy isn't... huh?
    Me:

This girl is two years older then me, she's studying biology and law, and she has the vocabulary of a three year old. I should buy her a thesarus. Hopefully, she will beat herself to death with it

...and yes, I do read Gravekeeper's posts.

Sucky: Management
    As I mentioned in a previous post, I'm what an un-PC person would refer to as crippled. I can't do a whole bunch of stuff, but the only thing you need to know is that I can't kneel or crouch. Managment knows this.

SM: Nox, you can't keep sitting down to stock the bottom shelves.
    Me: It's the only way I can reach them.
    SM: You have to kneel or crouch, you can't sit.
    Me: I can't kneel OR crouch.
    SM: You have to
    Me: I can't
    SM: You HAVE to.
    Me: I CAN'T. I am physically incapable. I can't kneel or crouch.
    SM: I understand that, but you have to...

This went on for twenty minutes. TWENTY. I CANNOT crouch. I CANNOT kneel. Doing so for more then maybe three seconds is unbearably painful. I explained this in vivid detail when I first started. WHY IS IT SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND!?

Sucky: Inanimate objects.

I spent half an hour putting a shelf up. It didn't want to. In the course of that half an hour, I took a chunk out of one of my fingers, dropped it multiple times, and spent several minutes hitting my head against it repeatedly whilst slouching on the ground (and I wasn't bloody crouching or kneeling )

So much suck... so very much suck...
    I'm busy, you're an idiot, have a nice day

At least I shall die as I have lived; completely surrounded by morons.

"SM: I understand that, but you have to..."

So if the SM really understands your situation then he shouldn't be asking you to do something that you can't do. You should have told him "Fine, then YOU do it"....lol.

Comment

Quoth Nox View Post
      SCW: She wasn't asking for lollies she wanted candy. We don't have any candy.
      Me: SCW, confectionary, lollies and candy are three different words for the same thing.
      SCW: ...Huh? But we don't sell... candy isn't... huh?
      Me:
      Owie. Now, someone might be able to argue that each of those terms may in fact describe specific types of products, however, that someone would ALSO need to be beat with a thesaurus, and frankly, I've never heard lolly used for anything but lollipops, and I doubt you've a whole wall of lollipops.

Obviously not.
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
        Owie. Now, someone might be able to argue that each of those terms may in fact describe specific types of products, however, that someone would ALSO need to be beat with a thesaurus, and frankly, I've never heard lolly used for anything but lollipops, and I doubt you've a whole wall of lollipops.
        Lollies is the Australian word for candy. Sorry if that caused some confusion, I forget that it's not used overseas.

Comment

Quote:

I took a chunk out of one of my fingers, dropped it multiple times

MY GOD! You dropped your FINGER? (sorry, I couldn't resist.)

Comment

I don't understand what the SM was objecting to by your sitting on the floor. You're doing the job asked of you, and you cannot kneel or crouch--so what's left? Hanging upsidedown suspended from a rope, clinging precariously to said rope with one hand while attempting to stock with the other? I guess the SM thought you looked 'unsightly', sitting on the floor. Or something. I know I would be shocked by finding an employee stocking bottom shelves in such a manner. Yikes. My delicate sensibilities will never recover.

Comment

Quoth Brighid45 View Post
              I don't understand what the SM was objecting to by your sitting on the floor. You're doing the job asked of you, and you cannot kneel or crouch--so what's left? Hanging upsidedown suspended from a rope, clinging precariously to said rope with one hand while attempting to stock with the other? I guess the SM thought you looked 'unsightly', sitting on the floor. Or something. I know I would be shocked by finding an employee stocking bottom shelves in such a manner. Yikes. My delicate sensibilities will never recover.
              I'm thinking some kind of Mission: Impossible -type harness suspended from the ceiling...if you're really good no one will see you stock...
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Lolly/lollies over here in Blightyland is the sort of sweet (our term for candy) that has a stick in it. (sucker in the US?)

Rapscallion

Comment

We called those lolipops when I was a kid Raps. The term has gone out of use now. Most times I hear sucker or Dum Dum which is a brand of sucker but has come to mean the whole genre.
                  This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Quoth bigjimaz View Post
                    We called those lolipops when I was a kid Raps. The term has gone out of use now. Most times I hear sucker or Dum Dum which is a brand of sucker but has come to mean the whole genre.
                    I've always known them as lollipops...only really seen sucker in books or tv...my bank gives out DumDums(tm), though...I like root beer
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Thanks to you lot, I now have the song "Lollipop" stuck....in....my....head!
                      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                        I'm thinking some kind of Mission: Impossible -type harness suspended from the ceiling...if you're really good no one will see you stock...
                        oooh, I can do that. I'll suggest it next time I'm working. It can't be any stupider then the time one of my coworkers suggested we should write our password to the Staff Room on the door so we wouldn't forget it... she didn't understand that customers would also be able to see it, therefore eliminating the point for a password.

Comment

Quoth Nox View Post
                          SC: Omigod, I can't believe that. You almost like, threw it at me!
                          "Almost... damn, you're lucky Gravity works!"

(OT: Red light! Red light again! Ohp! Gravity works!)
                          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

I know how it is to work with dumb co-workers. I work where I worked for 5+ years. She asks me where the garbage is dumped, and where to put the boxes. I tell her. A few days later she comes up to me and told me I was wrong about where the boxes go. She said she saw some in the garbage. I told her someone else must have put them in the wrong spot, and where I told her to put the boxes is right. She asked if I was sure. I looked at her and said yes. She asked are you sure again. I said yes again.

I worked here for a long time, I think I know where things go. Don't second guess me on something as simple as that.
                            "Oh, very good....Yes, it is easy to see that nearly six years of magical education have not been wasted on you, Potter. 'Ghosts are transparent.'" Severus Snape

Comment

Get it in writing

Quoth Nox View Post
                              Sucky: Management
                              As I mentioned in a previous post, I'm what an un-PC person would refer to as crippled. I can't do a whole bunch of stuff, but the only thing you need to know is that I can't kneel or crouch. Managment knows this.

SM: Nox, you can't keep sitting down to stock the bottom shelves.
                              Me: It's the only way I can reach them.
                              SM: You have to kneel or crouch, you can't sit.
                              Me: I can't kneel OR crouch.
                              SM: You have to
                              Me: I can't
                              SM: You HAVE to.

This went on for twenty minutes. TWENTY. I CANNOT crouch. I CANNOT kneel. Doing so for more then maybe three seconds is unbearably painful. I explained this in vivid detail when I first started. WHY IS IT SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND!?
                              Answer demand it in writing. If it is not in the company manual you have options on how to do the job. If it is in the manual, or your manager put it into a letter just mutter about the Health and Safety board. This really sound like it is against federal regulations to demand.

Comment

Working...
                              X