Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Even the shelving units were sucky today...*sob* (LONG)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I understand that" doesn't mean that anymore. People use it as a way to say, "I acknowledge that your lips are moving, but I'm not listening to what you're saying, as what you say does not matter to me."
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth Nox View Post
      Me: (...kinda like the bullet that killed Abraham Lincoln nearly hit George W. Bush)
      I'm constantly amazed (maybe I shouldn't be at this point) at how much broader so much of the rest of the world's education is than ours here in the U.S. (Or maybe it's just you? ) I can only name three PM's, and it would have been a stretch for me to use any of them in a casual analogy as you've done here.

Quoth Nox View Post
      Me: ....that I can't kneel or crouch. Managment knows this.
      SM: Nox, you can't keep sitting down to stock the bottom shelves.
      OK. You have bad knees. You've found a way around it so it doesn't impact your job performance. Now asshat wants you to do it in a particular way??!!! That's micromanagement at its finest. Wonder what SM would say about my work-around: LAYING DOWN on my side on the floor?

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
      ...my bank gives out DumDums(tm), though...I like root beer
      Mine too - cream soda!

Comment

Prime Ministers?

Surely you know about Churchill Blair Brown Thatcher Major Pitt Disraeli Macmillan Attlee Wilson Heath? and so on?

Oh never mind, on rereading I see that you are in the US. Where the World Series is only played by American teams.

Comment

Quoth Bagga View Post
          Prime Ministers? Surely you know about Churchill Blair Brown Thatcher Major Pitt Disraeli Macmillan Attlee Wilson Heath? and so on?
          oops! My bad. I assumed from Nox's "Welcome to Perth" line that Australia was the country I should reference. I only knew Howard (duh!) Menzie and Holt. (And let us not be TOO geocentric: throw Harper and Fillon on your list.)

Quoth Bagga View Post
          Oh never mind, on rereading I see that you are in the US. Where the World Series is only played by American teams.
          So far, but we (REAL baseball fans.) have hope. It's nice that we've moved from just U.S. teams to North American teams (who'd a thunk the 'jays would win it back to back!) but I'm itchin' to see Central and South America in there too. (And Asia, like the little leaguers.) I bet they could field some teams that would shake those damn Yankees up. Still, you're right - it should be: "The Major League Baseball Championship Series." Doesn't really fall off the tongue though.

Comment

Erm.

Australian PMs - I woulda struggled to remember Menzie...

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
              I've always known them as lollipops...only really seen sucker in books or tv...my bank gives out DumDums(tm), though...I like root beer

Oh that brings back memories of going to the bank with my mom; and getting a Dum Dum at the drive-thru window! Root beer, cream soda, and the one that was always the "unknown" flavor...i think it had a purple wrapper, but i can't remember exactly what it was called. Now you've made me want to look for them on my weekly grocery shopping expedition!

Hehehe - just checked out the dum dum website...its the "mystery" flavor. you can order them online too...but I wouldn't go that far...ahhh...childhood memories.
              Last edited by Catwoman2965; 08-26-2007, 12:14 PM.

Comment

If he doesn't like you sitting on the floor, maybe he can (gasp!) provide a small stool!
                Seshat's self-help guide:
                1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                  Mine too - cream soda!
                  Cream soda...and do they have a fruit punch flavor, or is my memory playing tricks on me?

Quoth Bagga View Post
                  :raising eyebrow: TORONTO Blue Jays, anyone?
                  Last edited by Becks; 08-26-2007, 03:47 PM.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                    Cream soda...and do they have a fruit punch flavor, or is my memory playing tricks on me?
                    www.dumdumpops.com/DDPFaqs/ddpflavorhistory.php

Looks like Fruit Punch was only around for a year, so you must have a pretty sharp memory.

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                    :raising eyebrow: TORONTO Blue Jays, anyone?
                    uhm. Toronto is in America.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                      uhm. Toronto is in America.
                      NORTH America, the continent. Not the country. Toronto is the capital of Ontario, a province in Canada. *Narrows eyes* Tread careful
                      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Btw there are several ways to divide the american continent, including these that mention south america and north america being different continents, or these that say they're one. one irrational pet peeve of mine is people shortening north-america to america... hey I'm american too! SOUTH american
                        I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

Quoth Bliss View Post
                          Btw there are several ways to divide the american continent, including these that mention south america and north america being different continents, or these that say they're one. one irrational pet peeve of mine is people shortening north-america to america... hey I'm american too! SOUTH american
                          There's also a "North, South, and Central America" division style. I've started trying to catch myself when I use "America" to mean the country, and try and use United States, or the US instead, as that's clearer, and doesn't try and lump everything else under the same umbrella. And I always say North America (or N A for short) and South America (or S A), though I'm spotty on use of Central America.

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                            NORTH America, the continent. Not the country. Toronto is the capital of Ontario, a province in Canada. *Narrows eyes* Tread careful
                            And a beautiful city it is.

No need to tread careful - yours is exactly the point I was trying to make. Bagga (I think) was trying to gibe me about the U.S. calling it a World Series. (Quoth Bagga: "I see that you are in the US. Where the World Series is only played by American teams.") I pointed out that we DID have another country play, although still from "the Americas" (Quoth sms001: "who'd a thunk the 'jays would win it back to back!") Becky must've skimmed past that and remarked about the Toronto Blue Jays. (so I teased her ) But they are still an American team. There isn't a country named America, although the U.S. is often called that pretty commonly both by us and by folk from other countries. I decided to be literal to nag Bagga for chastising me

Meanwhile, poor Nox is still being nagged at for sitting on the floor, and I REALLY want a Dum-dum!

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post

Meanwhile, poor Nox is still being nagged at for sitting on the floor, and I REALLY want a Dum-dum!
                              Nox's manager's a twit and you peoples are making me jealous talking about the Dum-dums, as I'm a sucker (heh heh) for unusual candy flavours, and I can't even find Jones soda anymore

Edit: Also, sometimes, I suck at catching the point
                              Last edited by Broomjockey; 08-26-2007, 08:15 PM. Reason: I suck?

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                                and I can't even find Jones soda anymore
                                While I realize that all of their conventional flavors are brilliant (and the labels are the best), I can't help but think "Turkey & Gravy" pop whenever I see Jones mentioned. Do the Targets up there not carry them? An odd place to look for soda I know, but the ones in Chicago had them.

Comment

Working...
                                X