Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Even the shelving units were sucky today...*sob* (LONG)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth sms001 View Post
    While I realize that all of their conventional flavors are brilliant (and the labels are the best), I can't help but think "Turkey & Gravy" pop whenever I see Jones mentioned. Do the Targets up there not carry them? An odd place to look for soda I know, but the ones in Chicago had them.
    We don't have Targets. I can occassionally find a single bottle at 7-11, but only the boring flavours, never the fun ones.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
      www.dumdumpops.com/DDPFaqs/ddpflavorhistory.php

Looks like Fruit Punch was only around for a year, so you must have a pretty sharp memory.
      Thanks for the link. You rock for that.

And if I may say so, my memory rocks sometimes, too.

Quoth sms001 View Post
      Becky must've skimmed past that and remarked about the Toronto Blue Jays. (so I teased her )
      Teasing's all good. I don't mind.

I don't recall seeing that part, though...and I try to read everything VERY carefully.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Bagga View Post
        Menzie...
        A little OT note:
        It's Menzies.

In any case, just to show how awesome I am I present you with an abridged and out-of-order list of Australian Prime Ministers:
        Barton Deakin Holt Fraser Menzies Whitlam Keating Howard Curtin Hughes and of-course ol' Bushy-Brows (Brehznev or Howard, take your pic).

Back on topic: The crouch,-don't-sit manager seems like a joy to work with. Is he like that often?
        I think, therefore I am. But I am micromanaged, therefore I am not.

Comment

Quoth Nox View Post
          Sucky: Coworker

My coworkers are very good natured. However, this particular coworker is a few (dozen) watts short of a light bulb.

SCW: Hey, Nox, this customer wanted to know where the candy was!
          Me: (...what's funny about that? Did I miss the joke?) Did you tell them?
          SCW: Nox, we don't sell candy!
          Me: What are you talking about, we have a large wall stocked to the roof with confectionary!
          SCW: She wasn't asking for lollies she wanted candy. We don't have any candy.
          Me: SCW, confectionary, lollies and candy are three different words for the same thing.
          SCW: ...Huh? But we don't sell... candy isn't... huh?
          Me:

This girl is two years older then me, she's studying biology and law, and she has the vocabulary of a three year old. I should buy her a thesarus. Hopefully, she will beat herself to death with it

...and yes, I do read Gravekeeper's posts.

Now, there is a question that has been burning in my mind (Y'know, after I scraped it off the walls and put it back in after the brain 'splodey that little exchange caused).

What exactly does this girl define candy to be? I know each nation and region has its own local terms for things, but I would have thought candy was a pretty universal one for 'sweet things that are bad for you'. Kind of like there are many different names and usages for each meal of the day (Breakfast, lunch, supper, dinner, tea, brunch, whatever) but meal is a pretty universally understood term among english-speaking nations.

So, if she doesn't associated candy with 'sweet things that are bad for you', then what does she associate it with? Do we want to know?
          Check out my webcomic!

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
            We don't have Targets. I can occassionally find a
            Being the super nice guy that I am, I even thought to plug "Target Store" and "Edmonton" in google before I wrote that so I wouldn't get your hopes up. Saw plenty of pins in the map and (apparently) casually disregarded the fact that they were Target LIQUOR and Target BEVERAGE etc. I think the wife and I have priced their shipping before (gag gifts for Christmas) and it was headed toward three bucks a bottle. Which we decided wasn't as funny

Comment

Working...
            X