This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Er, are you referring to ME, ma'am??

The other day I was scanning some items for a lady. Now, I'm not exactly the fastest cashier in the store (actually, I'm the slowest) but I was going at a perfectly fine, normal pace. I don't believe that I was going slow AT ALL, honestly. But all the sudden the woman who was next in line says, "Oh my God she's so slow!" And she said it loudly. She made absolutely no effort to keep her voice down. Now, I half assumed that she was speaking about something unrelated to me, someone else, but somehow I doubt it. It's just hard to swallow that someone could be enough of a pig to stand there practically in front of my face and say that in a loud, normal voice. Oh, and the same day, I had to stop for a brief moment to type in the numbers on the barcode since it wouldn't scan (it happens) and this young 20-something guy accompanied by his girlfriend and buddies makes a loud, rude, impatient noise. And then he did it again when there was another tiny holdup that made him wait an extra three seconds. Nice.
    Last edited by Despina83; 08-27-2007, 03:52 AM.

I feel your pain. I cashiered for 4 months. I hated it with a passion and transferred. But now our store is training everyone on the registers and I am called up front to run a lane nearly every day, sometimes several times a day.

When you don't do it on a regular basis, you're not going to be fast. On Mother's Day weekend the lines were endless and so long that they were backed up all the way into Fashions. One of my co-workers was forced to go up front to run a lane.

She had never cashiered before and was painfully slow. The last person in her line, some old hag, carried on so that it just made my co-worker more nervous. Which in turn caused her to make mistakes. The old hag ended up complaining to the store director that she had been in line for 45 minutes. So, lucky me, I had to go up and replace my co-worker.

I was stuck up there for 5 hours straight that night. Maybe I should just be reeeeaal slow then I won't have to go up there anymore.

Retail Haiku:
    Depression sets in.
    The hellhole is calling me ~
    I don't want to go.

Comment

Don't worry. I'm a fast ringer, but that just means I occasionally get people telling me I'm "throwing their food." Which is ridiculous, because I'm OCD about the placement of everything I scan. So just be assured that there's no way to win.

...Wait, that's not comforting, is it?

Comment

You could go lightning fast & people would STILL complain about the lines going too slow.

Comment

Whenever anyone either makes impatient noises or complains about me going slow (and I'm a very quick and compentant scanner, having been on a till for years), I just go even slower. Same goes for any dickhead who whines when I'm packing for someone; they'll just have to wait even longer, cuz I'm not going to rush thru packing just for them.
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
            Whenever anyone either makes impatient noises or complains about me going slow (and I'm a very quick and compentant scanner, having been on a till for years), I just go even slower.
            Word. This has been my rule since I was old enough to know that I didn't really like people.

Comment

If I'm going at a fast or even normal rate of speed and someone says I'm going "too slow"...

...Well, let's just say that I make it painfully obvious just how slow I can be.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                If I'm going at a fast or even normal rate of speed and someone says I'm going "too slow"...

...Well, let's just say that I make it painfully obvious just how slow I can be.
                Yup! And I am really really careful to check everything twice!

Comment

Quoth DrinkJockey View Post
                  "Could you be any slower?"
                  "Why certainly, sir. Always happy to oblige!"

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

I had someone comment on how fast I was when I worked at Wal-mart. We were backed up and I was working the lone express register on the grocery side. I got people out of there fast, and one person said "Now that's what I call an express register!" I kept things nice and simple, and the customers didn't care, Hello, scan, total, thanks for shopping at Wal-mart. rinse, lather, repeat

Comment

There was a woman that used to come in every week with her husband and they'd yell and scream at all of us because we "went too fast" and "ruined their food". It didn't matter who it was, or how it was done, she complained about everyone there. Eventually the supervisors realized what she was doing and humored her every time by saying they'd take care of the "bad packers" then not doing a damn thing about it.

She never comes in anymore because I heard that our front end manager was packing her stuff one day (we were busy), and SC got screamy with her and said "I'll report you! Who is your manager?!?" The front-end manager took her into the store managers office, and I guess both of them had words for her, because after that she never came back.
                      "I, too, am saddened by the lack of hookers in this thread." -LingualMonkey

Comment

Working...
                      X